2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby PomasThynchon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:55 pm

ihp12 wrote:Image


I don't know if this is a joke, but I would not underestimate Wash U. Everything else aside, they have an assload of money and they are not afraid to use it. They have a larger endowment than SC, and almost half the students (i.e. better endowment:student ratio). If they keep spend, spend, spending, their medians can match USC-they're coming close as it is. And if Chicago hiring picks up, and the California market is slow to recover, I'd say it's borderline inevitable for them to tie or switch places in the next few years. It's conceivable, I tell you.

I can see Cal and UIUC dropping because of lower #'s. If that's the case, who better to take #21 than BU? :wink:

User avatar
LLB2JD
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby LLB2JD » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:57 pm

pattonthicke wrote:1.yale
1.Harvard
1..Standford
4.Columbia
5.NYU
6.Chicago
7.Duke
8.Cornell
9.Penn
10.Northwestern
11.Berkeley (where it belongs)
12. UVA
13. Michigan
14. Gtown



Blatant anti-UVA trolling.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:58 pm

LLB2JD wrote:
pattonthicke wrote:1.yale
1.Harvard
1..Standford
4.Columbia
5.NYU
6.Chicago
7.Duke
8.Cornell
9.Penn
10.Northwestern
11.Berkeley (where it belongs)
12. UVA
13. Michigan
14. Gtown



Blatant anti-UVA trolling.


LOL.
Last edited by paulinaporizkova on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

socraticmethodman
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby socraticmethodman » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:58 pm

pattonthicke wrote:1.yale
1.Harvard
1..Standford
4.Columbia
5.NYU
6.Chicago
7.Duke
8.Cornell
9.Penn
10.Northwestern
11.Berkeley (where it belongs)
12. UVA
13. Michigan
14. Gtown


This has to be a joke.....

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby PomasThynchon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:01 pm

1. Columbia
1. Cornell
1. Stanford
4. Chicago
5. Michigan
6. NYU
6. Penn
6. Duke
6. Northwestern
10. Yale
11. Georgetown
11. UCLA
13. UVa
14. USC
14. Berkeley
14. Harvard
14. Vanderbilt
18. BU
18. GW
20. WUSTL

User avatar
pattonthicke
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby pattonthicke » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:07 pm

socraticmethodman wrote:
pattonthicke wrote:1.yale
1.Harvard
1..Standford
4.Columbia
5.NYU
6.Chicago
7.Duke
8.Cornell
9.Penn
10.Northwestern
11.Berkeley (where it belongs)
12. UVA
13. Michigan
14. Gtown


This has to be a joke.....


It is, slightly. And lol at a thread in which ppl predict rankings is not a joke.

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby PomasThynchon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:08 pm

1. Cooley
1. Ave Maria
1. Phoenix
4. Southwestern
5. Yale
5. Harvard
7. Howard
7. Barry
9. Stanford
10. North Dakota
11. Cardozo
12. Suffolk
13. Wayne State
14. Georgetown

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby PomasThynchon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:09 pm

Ironically, US News is a TTT publication and would be unranked in a list of top U.S. publications.

User avatar
pattonthicke
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby pattonthicke » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:10 pm

PomasThynchon wrote:1. Columbia
1. Cornell
1. Stanford
4. Chicago
5. Michigan
6. NYU
6. Penn
6. Duke
6. Northwestern
10. Yale
11. Georgetown
11. UCLA
13. UVa
14. USC
14. Berkeley
14. Harvard
14. Vanderbilt
18. BU
18. GW
20. WUSTL


Blatant anti-wustl trolling

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby PomasThynchon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:11 pm

pattonthicke wrote:
PomasThynchon wrote:1. Columbia
1. Cornell
1. Stanford
4. Chicago
5. Michigan
6. NYU
6. Penn
6. Duke
6. Northwestern
10. Yale
11. Georgetown
11. UCLA
13. UVa
14. USC
14. Berkeley
14. Harvard
14. Vanderbilt
18. BU
18. GW
20. WUSTL


Blatant anti-wustl trolling


Damn! I thought it was pretty subtle. Yale at #10 was supposed to throw you off.

User avatar
pattonthicke
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby pattonthicke » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:16 pm

PomasThynchon wrote:
pattonthicke wrote:
PomasThynchon wrote:1. Columbia
1. Cornell
1. Stanford
4. Chicago
5. Michigan
6. NYU
6. Penn
6. Duke
6. Northwestern
10. Yale
11. Georgetown
11. UCLA
13. UVa
14. USC
14. Berkeley
14. Harvard
14. Vanderbilt
18. BU
18. GW
20. WUSTL


Blatant anti-wustl trolling


Damn! I thought it was pretty subtle. Yale at #10 was supposed to throw you off.



Actually, in the past 10 years Wustl has had more movement up in the rankings than yale. just saying.

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby PomasThynchon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:19 pm

pattonthicke wrote:
PomasThynchon wrote:
pattonthicke wrote:
PomasThynchon wrote:1. Columbia
1. Cornell
1. Stanford
4. Chicago
5. Michigan
6. NYU
6. Penn
6. Duke
6. Northwestern
10. Yale
11. Georgetown
11. UCLA
13. UVa
14. USC
14. Berkeley
14. Harvard
14. Vanderbilt
18. BU
18. GW
20. WUSTL


Blatant anti-wustl trolling


Damn! I thought it was pretty subtle. Yale at #10 was supposed to throw you off.



Actually, in the past 10 years Wustl has had more movement up in the rankings than yale. just saying.


You don't say! Actually I know the theory constantly gets scoffed at by many TLSers, but if Chicago recovers better than Cali, and Wash U keeps having shitloads more $$$ and upping medians, I can see it going head to head with SC in the next several years. In fact, it already IS, given the fact that they're next to each other and it's being discussed. I know there is quite a gulf to be bridged for Wash U, but I think an upward movement by WUSTL/GW/BU would be due more to a decline of USC than an upshot in the latter, and I don't think it's a stretch

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:42 pm

pattonthicke wrote:
Actually, in the past 10 years Wustl has had more movement up in the rankings than yale. just saying.


So has every other school that's moved up a single spot in the past ten years. You don't see a lot of upward mobility when you're already #1.

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby PomasThynchon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:So has every other school that's moved up a single spot in the past ten years. You don't see a lot of upward mobility when you're already #1.


Blatant anti-Stanford trolling

User avatar
ihp12
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby ihp12 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Didn't these get leaked early last year? Anyone think there might be a repeat?

User avatar
hokie
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:32 am

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby hokie » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:30 pm

nickwar wrote:
I want to see UGA move up, or at least stay at 28.


Seconded.


Thirded.

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby FuManChusco » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:10 pm

ihp12 wrote:Didn't these get leaked early last year? Anyone think there might be a repeat?


Only if OS is still around.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby thecilent » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:13 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
ihp12 wrote:Didn't these get leaked early last year? Anyone think there might be a repeat?


Only if OS is still around.

It was some other chick who leaked them last year

User avatar
KingRajesh
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby KingRajesh » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:20 pm

If UofI can break into the T-20, I'll be happy. :)

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:36 pm

It is unlikely that Iowa will jump 7 spots in rank.

User avatar
KingRajesh
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby KingRajesh » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:38 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:It is unlikely that Iowa will jump 7 spots in rank.


I meant University of Illinois. Guess I forgot it's still branded as UIUC here.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby northwood » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:40 pm

who will be the last 4 in and the first 4 out???

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:50 pm

Do you think Deans wait for this release date the way students wait, for the LSAT release?

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby fatduck » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:14 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Do you think Deans wait for this release date the way students wait, for the LSAT release?

GUYS, THE LINKS ON USNEWS WEBSITE JUST WENT GREY!!!!!!

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby rman1201 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:16 pm

fatduck wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:Do you think Deans wait for this release date the way students wait, for the LSAT release?

GUYS, THE LINKS ON USNEWS WEBSITE JUST WENT GREY!!!!!!


Pics or it didn't happen!




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests