2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
PleaseHelpThanks
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby PleaseHelpThanks » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:49 pm

Barbie wrote:
rman1201 wrote:Oh snap, I didnt realize rankings came out tomorrow... I thought the 15th was Wednesday. Guess I also better get on that speeding ticket which is also due the 15th :? (bs, doing 30 in a 15)


I got a $300 ticket on the way to pay my seat deposit at a LS. Now I have to write them a huge addendum and furnish proof of the ticket :( :(


Huge? A few sentences should do the trick.

Example:
"I have received four speeding tickets in my life (9/05, 12/05, 2/08, 5/08). I pleaded no contest to all of these tickets. The state then decided not to pursue these citations. Instead, the state required me to pay court costs in the amount the tickets were originally for. I was immature and thought that speeding was ok because of the time it saved me. I now realize that the potential costs of speeding far outweigh the benefit I received from doing so."

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby 99.9luft » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Barbie wrote:
rman1201 wrote:Oh snap, I didnt realize rankings came out tomorrow... I thought the 15th was Wednesday. Guess I also better get on that speeding ticket which is also due the 15th :? (bs, doing 30 in a 15)


I got a $300 ticket on the way to pay my seat deposit at a LS. Now I have to write them a huge addendum and furnish proof of the ticket :( :(


that blows, barbie. was this LA?

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:53 pm

@PleaseHelpThanks: You were too honest in writing that you now realize that the "potential costs of speeding" outweigh the benefits; it should read that I now realize that the "potential dangers of speeding" outweigh the time saved.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby rman1201 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:55 pm

Barbie wrote:
rman1201 wrote:Oh snap, I didnt realize rankings came out tomorrow... I thought the 15th was Wednesday. Guess I also better get on that speeding ticket which is also due the 15th :? (bs, doing 30 in a 15)


I got a $300 ticket on the way to pay my seat deposit at a LS. Now I have to write them a huge addendum and furnish proof of the ticket :( :(


Ouch :shock:
I haven't looked into whether I have to do anything for my law school acceptances...
Still mad about it, the road was a 30 mph road with a 20 foot section for school zone (with the school a couple blocks away from the actual road and no freakin kids anywhere). Pff I was going so slow the cop was able to walk in front of my car and point me to the ticketing round up.
FML

/rant

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby JakeL » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:09 pm

PleaseHelpThanks wrote:Example:
"I have received four speeding tickets in my life (9/05, 12/05, 2/08, 5/08). I pleaded no contest to all of these tickets. The state then decided not to pursue these citations. Instead, the state required me to pay court costs in the amount the tickets were originally for. I was immature and thought that speeding was ok because of the time it saved me. I now realize that the potential costs of speeding far outweigh the benefit I received from doing so."



How about "I have received speeding tickets because my time is valuable, and I would like to spend as little of it as possible in my vehicle. Even though I am speeding, I am never driving wrecklessly, and never puting anyone at risk. I have since taken proper measures to ensure that when I speed, I don't get caught."

clone22
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby clone22 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:12 pm

JakeL wrote:
PleaseHelpThanks wrote:Example:
"I have received four speeding tickets in my life (9/05, 12/05, 2/08, 5/08). I pleaded no contest to all of these tickets. The state then decided not to pursue these citations. Instead, the state required me to pay court costs in the amount the tickets were originally for. I was immature and thought that speeding was ok because of the time it saved me. I now realize that the potential costs of speeding far outweigh the benefit I received from doing so."



How about "I have received speeding tickets because my time is valuable, and I would like to spend as little of it as possible in my vehicle. Even though I am speeding, I am never driving wrecklessly, and never puting anyone at risk. I have since taken proper measures to ensure that when I speed, I don't get caught."

tcr
at least you're being honest for the C+ F review

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby northwood » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:19 pm

I would put: I am not on speed, you are on speed. I am traveling at a safe speed to be riding in the drives seat of my car- you iglorious mornon. My car was going at waht I thought and deemed to be a safe speed for the conditions. THe number on the side of the road was just a guideline- so the oil companies make more money. I do not like the oil companies, and therefore I do not do what they want. You are just a peon in the matrix, you and all of your fellow officers of the corrupt. I am not guilty or in in violation of anything. You are guilty of trying to hold me down- I am the greatest. Now pass me the coke!

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:22 pm

...
Last edited by CanadianWolf on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby JusticeHarlan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:50 pm

lawschool429 wrote:I've seen the rankings... law schools get them the day before they come out. No huge surprises but no more tiers 1-4... there's a first tier and then the second tier consists of the schools that have previously been in the fourth tier.

I have not seen the rankings, but I can confirm that law schools did get them today.

(and . . . queue endless people posting new "rankings" claiming they've seen them too!)

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby rman1201 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:55 pm

lawschool429 wrote:I've seen the rankings... law schools get them the day before they come out. No huge surprises but no more tiers 1-4... there's a first tier and then the second tier consists of the schools that have previously been in the fourth tier.


Maybe theres truth to this? This seems like way too intricate of a lie to be simple trolling.

So Syracuse U will finally be a Tier 1?

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby JakeL » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:56 pm

Will they go up at 12am EST?

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby glitter178 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:57 pm

northwood wrote:I would put: I am not on speed, you are on speed. I am traveling at a safe speed to be riding in the drives seat of my car- you iglorious mornon. My car was going at waht I thought and deemed to be a safe speed for the conditions. THe number on the side of the road was just a guideline- so the oil companies make more money. I do not like the oil companies, and therefore I do not do what they want. You are just a peon in the matrix, you and all of your fellow officers of the corrupt. I am not guilty or in in violation of anything. You are guilty of trying to hold me down- I am the greatest. Now pass me the coke!



...charlie sheen... is that you?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:00 pm

JakeL wrote:
PleaseHelpThanks wrote:Example:
"I have received four speeding tickets in my life (9/05, 12/05, 2/08, 5/08). I pleaded no contest to all of these tickets. The state then decided not to pursue these citations. Instead, the state required me to pay court costs in the amount the tickets were originally for. I was immature and thought that speeding was ok because of the time it saved me. I now realize that the potential costs of speeding far outweigh the benefit I received from doing so."



How about "I have received speeding tickets because my time is valuable, and I would like to spend as little of it as possible in my vehicle. Even though I am speeding, I am never driving wrecklessly, and never puting anyone at risk. I have since taken proper measures to ensure that when I speed, I don't get caught."

I'd probably stick with "recklessly." Misspelling addendums seems only slightly less detrimental than putting th wrong school name in a PS

User avatar
pinkzeppelin
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby pinkzeppelin » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:03 pm

jdfrisby wrote:
JakeL wrote:
PleaseHelpThanks wrote:Example:
"I have received four speeding tickets in my life (9/05, 12/05, 2/08, 5/08). I pleaded no contest to all of these tickets. The state then decided not to pursue these citations. Instead, the state required me to pay court costs in the amount the tickets were originally for. I was immature and thought that speeding was ok because of the time it saved me. I now realize that the potential costs of speeding far outweigh the benefit I received from doing so."



How about "I have received speeding tickets because my time is valuable, and I would like to spend as little of it as possible in my vehicle. Even though I am speeding, I am never driving wrecklessly, and never puting anyone at risk. I have since taken proper measures to ensure that when I speed, I don't get caught."

I'd probably stick with "recklessly." Misspelling addendums seems only slightly less detrimental than putting th wrong school name in a PS


Maybe he's a GT grad?

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby JakeL » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:05 pm

jdfrisby wrote:I'd probably stick with "recklessly." Misspelling addendums seems only slightly less detrimental than putting th wrong school name in a PS


Lol nice catch.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:08 pm

JakeL wrote:
jdfrisby wrote:I'd probably stick with "recklessly." Misspelling addendums seems only slightly less detrimental than putting th wrong school name in a PS


Lol nice catch.

unless they saw it as an extremely witty pun, which is possible

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby northwood » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Tomorrow is a big day-( and not b/c of usnwr rankings come out)
Financial and other grant/ scholarship decision notices are going to be emailed or sent out at some schools. ( if they havent done so allready). It is the beginning of the final push to make a decision- hopefully more people will get more money from schools to attend!

bendurnotes4me
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby bendurnotes4me » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:19 pm

I'm in Europe and the countdown clock on my US News site says 2 hours - is this a glitch or will it be released earlier in Europe?

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby JakeL » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:21 pm

bendurnotes4me wrote:I'm in Europe and the countdown clock on my US News site says 2 hours - is this a glitch or will it be released earlier in Europe?


Nice, probably won't actually work, but feel free to copy/paste if it does!

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:23 pm

bendurnotes4me wrote:I'm in Europe and the countdown clock on my US News site says 2 hours - is this a glitch or will it be released earlier in Europe?


Almost certainly lazy programming not checking your time zone but instead counting down to your system clock/ ISP clock's relative 12:01.

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby glitter178 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:24 pm

northwood wrote:Tomorrow is a big day-( and not b/c of usnwr rankings come out)
Financial and other grant/ scholarship decision notices are going to be emailed or sent out at some schools. ( if they havent done so allready). It is the beginning of the final push to make a decision- hopefully more people will get more money from schools to attend!


they are? is this just a guess on your part or is there a specific reason why you think that

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Just tested by changing my time zone: I was right. Countdown has nothing to do with actual time or when it will be accesible, everything to do with your computer's internal clock.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby Justathought » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:26 pm

Sigh, TLS and USNWR are going to crash so hard at midnight.

User avatar
LLB2JD
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby LLB2JD » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:26 pm

bendurnotes4me wrote:I'm in Europe and the countdown clock on my US News site says 2 hours - is this a glitch or will it be released earlier in Europe?


There is a countdown clock? I have not looked at the that. These people are crazy -

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: 2012 U.S. News Rankings (March 15th... It's official)

Postby northwood » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:27 pm

glitter178 wrote:
northwood wrote:Tomorrow is a big day-( and not b/c of usnwr rankings come out)
Financial and other grant/ scholarship decision notices are going to be emailed or sent out at some schools. ( if they havent done so allready). It is the beginning of the final push to make a decision- hopefully more people will get more money from schools to attend!


they are? is this just a guess on your part or is there a specific reason why you think that


its a guess- since a few schools that Im interested in have told me they will release financial aid information beginning tomorrow.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Giro423 and 2 guests