UCLA v. UIUC v. WUSTL Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
SisyphusHappy

Bronze

UCLA v. UIUC v. WUSTL

Post by SisyphusHappy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:18 am

Last edited by SisyphusHappy on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

You Gotta Have Faith

Bronze

Re: UCLA v. UIUC v. WUSTL

Post by You Gotta Have Faith » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:25 am

How on earth did you manage to get $105K at UCLA and strike out at all T14 schools? That's usually unprecedented.

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:28 am

I'm guessing waitlists? Write LOCI's, and you should get in somewhere.

I'm assuming you're saying you got a full ride to WUSTL? Still, UCLA seems to be the better choice based on the info you've provided here.

Vandy/USC will give $$$ as well, and you'll want to leverage the schollys against one another.

Your cycle seems to be far from over, my friend.

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:36 am

You Gotta Have Faith wrote:How on earth did you manage to get $105K at UCLA and strike out at all T14 schools? That's usually unprecedented.
That words does not mean what you think it means.

You Gotta Have Faith

Bronze

Post by You Gotta Have Faith » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:41 am

Okay, so I took the liberty of looking at your LSN profile. Looks like the only T14 you have been shut out of is Berkeley. The rest are either waitlists, or still pending.

Like an earlier poster suggested, LOCIs are still in play. Have patience my friend. Also, a number of those other schools still might accept you, even with moolah.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

You Gotta Have Faith

Bronze

Post by You Gotta Have Faith » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:43 am

Hey-O wrote:
You Gotta Have Faith wrote:How on earth did you manage to get $105K at UCLA and strike out at all T14 schools? That's usually unprecedented.
"Unprecedented = never done or known before."

As in, it's unheard of to get $105K at UCLA and get shut out at T14. Or that has not been done. What the heck do you think it means?

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:50 am

You Gotta Have Faith wrote:
Hey-O wrote:
"Unprecedented = never done or known before."

As in, it's unheard of to get $105K at UCLA and get shut out at T14. Or that has not been done. What the heck do you think it means?
It's either unprecedented or it's not, it can't be "usually unprecedented".

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:14 am

Of your options so far I would say it depends what region you are most interested in practicing in. I would probably take UCLA because I would much rather be in CA than in the mid-west personally, but I don't know where you are from or what your regional preference is.

However, with the big money you are being offered- from two T20 schools- I have a hard time imagining you won't get T14 acceptances (and maybe T6, I don't know your numbers though). It sounds like you are aiming for T14, so good luck with that!

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:51 am

I's say UCLA then WUSTL. Have you visited UCLA? Do it

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

You Gotta Have Faith

Bronze

Post by You Gotta Have Faith » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:43 pm

Ikki wrote: It's either unprecedented or it's not, it can't be "usually unprecedented".
I guess my reference was on a per cycle basis. It just doesn't happen most cycles. But nonetheless, I do see your point. :wink:

You Gotta Have Faith

Bronze

Post by You Gotta Have Faith » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:45 pm

To actually answer the question.

1. Wait it out a little more. Have some patience. Your cycle is not over.

2. I too would probably go with either WUSTL or UCLA here (assuming no better options surface). Have you visited either school? Might be worth it to see what you think. You will, after all, be spending 3 years wherever you go.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:47 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:I'm guessing waitlists? Write LOCI's, and you should get in somewhere.

I'm assuming you're saying you got a full ride to WUSTL? Still, UCLA seems to be the better choice based on the info you've provided here.

Vandy/USC will give $$$ as well, and you'll want to leverage the schollys against one another.

Your cycle seems to be far from over, my friend.
+1 to all of this.

laughsalot06

New

Post by laughsalot06 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:33 pm

I saw this thread and thought I wrote it in my sleep--haha

Anyway, I have similar stats and similar offers from all three schools (a little less at UCLA). I'm also from the Midwest and see myself doing PI work as well (although this is not set in stone). Like you, I'm still waiting on other schools--mainly Michigan, Virginia and Stanford (a girl can dream...). Right now, due to regional preferences I'm leaning towards WUSTL, but I'm hoping and praying that Michigan comes through.

Would UCLA really be worth it for me if I plan on staying in Midwest/Chicago and if I went anywhere, ever, it would probably be the east coast?

Sorry for adding my concerns onto this thread--our (current) options were so similar it seemed pointless to make a new one. Good luck with the rest of your cycle--I don't think it's over yet!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”