UCLA (full ride) vs. Harvard (??$??) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Law Sauce

Silver

Re: UCLA (full ride) vs. Harvard (??$??)

Post by Law Sauce » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:11 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:@Lawsauce: In another thread you wrote that you would take a large--not necessarily full--scholarship at Vanderbilt over full pay at Top Ten Virginia. This seems to run counter to your advice given in this thread. Is it just because it's Harvard ? Thanks.

P.S. I don't know where some posters are getting their figures for Harvard. Harvard Law estimates cost of attendance at about $70,000 per year totaling well over $200,000 for three years.

Yea, its just because its Havard. It is one of the elites, that can take you places that are hard, probably not impossible, but hard to get to from the other schools. When you can get into harvard, you have to think about making big-time contacts with classmates, and other things like this, and think less about money. I mean whichever school you choose will be with you for the rest of your career, hopefully your debt will not be, fingers crossed of coarse, but at harvard, you should be okay.
Last edited by Law Sauce on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Law Sauce

Silver

Post by Law Sauce » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:20 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:@Lawsauce: In another thread you wrote that you would take a large--not necessarily full--scholarship at Vanderbilt over full pay at Top Ten Virginia. This seems to run counter to your advice given in this thread. Is it just because it's Harvard ? Thanks.

P.S. I don't know where some posters are getting their figures for Harvard. Harvard Law estimates cost of attendance at about $70,000 per year totaling well over $200,000 for three years.
also, 70 x 3 = 210, not well over. Plus, most people are hoping on not actually having to take all possible CoA loans, that is just an estimate from the School if you needed to get everything fresh and had no body helping you at all. theoretically at least. 200 I think is a decent estimate.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:32 pm

bk187 wrote "No need to argue the semantics." Just what do you think lawyers do for their fees ?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:34 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:bk187 wrote "No need to argue the semantics." Just what do you think lawyers do for their fees ?
Scam clients? :mrgreen:

Law Sauce

Silver

Post by Law Sauce » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:35 pm

No one's written it yet, so here it is: assess LS goals

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:41 pm

@r6philly: Are "real world" answers permitted here ?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:44 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:@r6philly: Are "real world" answers permitted here ?
Who's doing the permitting?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”