Does your undergraduate school matter?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Shotline

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:48 am

Does your undergraduate school matter?

Postby Shotline » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:16 am

When applying to schools, even the top tier, does your undergraduate school matter or is it just GPA and LSAT?

I know the degree doesn't matter but if I have a 4.0 from Berkeley, is that better than a 4.0 from someplace like Boise State?

User avatar
traehekat

Gold
Posts: 3188
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Does your undergraduate school matter?

Postby traehekat » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:19 am

Question has been asked a lot, so try to use the search function when you think something has been answered already. But anyway, the short answer is no. The long answer is no, unless it is maybe YHS.

Shotline

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:48 am

Re: Does your undergraduate school matter?

Postby Shotline » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:25 am

traehekat wrote:Question has been asked a lot, so try to use the search function when you think something has been answered already. But anyway, the short answer is no. The long answer is no, unless it is maybe YHS.


Sorry, will try a search.

Borhas

Platinum
Posts: 6247
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Does your undergraduate school matter?

Postby Borhas » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:15 am

Shotline wrote:When applying to schools, even the top tier, does your undergraduate school matter or is it just GPA and LSAT?

I know the degree doesn't matter but if I have a 4.0 from Berkeley, is that better than a 4.0 from someplace like Boise State?


no one cares

even YSH
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Teoeo

Silver
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Does your undergraduate school matter?

Postby Teoeo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:20 am

OMG I can't believe how many times I have seen this question o_O -


answer: not really unless an online school or something (or maybe a SLIGHT boost for HYP)

slider

Bronze
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Re: Does your undergraduate school matter?

Postby slider » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:33 am

In OP's defense, it is hard to use search function when it's always down.

User avatar
Dany

Diamond
Posts: 11559
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Does your undergraduate school matter?

Postby Dany » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:58 am

slider wrote:In OP's defense, it is hard to use search function when it's always down.

You don't need advanced search to look for "does undergrad matter" in on-topic threads

http://www.top-law-schools.com/search-f ... atter#1093



Return to “Choosing a Law School�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests