Public Interest Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Kswizzie

Bronze

Public Interest

Post by Kswizzie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Does anyone know of any schools with good public interest scholarships where a 3.7 168 assuming fulfillment of requisite public service requirements would be competitive? Any help would be much obliged.

revolution724

Bronze

Re: Public Interest

Post by revolution724 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:33 pm

I went to Fordham with similar numbers because they have a public interest program I found interesting, and it provides summer funding rather than a scholarship. I would generally recommend attending the best ranked school you can that has something of the focus and geographic connections you'd like, because getting public interest jobs is just about as hard as getting law firm jobs. This link has information about the public interest offerings at ABA-accredited law schools:

http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservic ... awschools/

ViP

Bronze

Re: Public Interest

Post by ViP » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Kswizzie wrote:Does anyone know of any schools with good public interest scholarships where a 3.7 168 assuming fulfillment of requisite public service requirements would be competitive? Any help would be much obliged.

If you're interested in PI work, I suggest you check out UC Irvine:

1) the school has a PI philosophy and encourages students to do PI
2) every student in next year's class will receive a handsome scholarship (exact amount TBD)
3) our LRAP should be ready to go in the next year or two, and it will be as good as any other LRAP in the country (words from the Dean)

Return to “Choosing a Law School”