Help me start a list

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Southside89

Help me start a list

Postby Southside89 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:53 pm

Ok. Let me preface this by saying I am a long time lurker and I know this is TOP law schools, and I know that I will be told to retake, for the purposes of this post however let's pretend that these are my be all end all numbers. If I honestly don't care about geography help me make a list of what you think would be my top Safety, Target, and Reach. My initial list that I came up with consists of Depaul, Tulane, and Illinois.

My numbers are as follows

LSAT: 163
UGPA: 3.4~ ranked private
Softs: Heavy Greek involvement 4 years leadership, legal internship, run of the mill decent softs...

Tell me some schools that might work for me, remember geography matters little for both law school and career.

(P.S. I've looked at LSP and all that, I want some human opinion)

concurrent fork

Re: Help me start a list

Postby concurrent fork » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:22 am

You are probably competitive for mid-low T1. This is a range of 25-30 schools (you will pay close to sticker). Somehow, you need to narrow down either (1) regional preferences or (2) area of law or specialized programs you have an interest in. Job prospects from most of these schools are comparable. If scholarship money is an issue, apply lower. I assume you are not a URM.

Think about why you want to go to law school, do your research on schools in this range, and go from there. If you want biglaw, retake and aim closer to 170. If you have nothing driving you to go to law school - don't go.

snowpeach06

Re: Help me start a list

Postby snowpeach06 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:39 am

A 163 you have a good amount of options. You are golden for pretty much all T2 schools (likely with money) and also have a decent shot at some lower T1. I don't know much about schools that aren't in the geographic area I was looking at, but, this is a list of people with your credentials on lawschoolnumbers.com. You'll be able to see where they applied, got in, got rejected, ect, and hopefully it can give you some ideas.

http://search.lawschoolnumbers.com/user ... Cycle=0910

Return to “Choosing a Law School”