Please Help!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sera16

Please Help!

Postby sera16 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:20 am

Hello, I will be attending law school this August. I am currently trying to decide between Atlanta's John Marshall Law School and Howard University. I currently live in Atlanta and I went to Howard for undergrad so I am familiar with both cities.

The schools are around the same cost. I was not awarded any scholarships from Howard but did receive $6,000/year for John Marshall. My main concern is the reputation that John Marshall has. I know that HUSL has a great reputation and the recruitment rate there is awesome as well. I would prefer to stay in Atlanta but also don't want to sell myself short. I was also thinking of doing my 1st year at JMLS and transferring to Ga State for my 2nd and 3rd years. I did not get into Ga State this time around when I applied but figured with awesome grades my 1st year transferring may be an option.

I don't know what kind of law I want to practice as yet and I am not so concerned with working for a top firm when I graduate. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

rman1201

Re: Please Help!

Postby rman1201 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:27 am

Assuming you're URM ---> Howard.

Pennoyerrox

Postby Pennoyerrox » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:30 am

Last edited by Pennoyerrox on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philo38

Postby Philo38 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:33 am

Howard if it has to be one of the two.

Are you a URM? I will never understand URMs who are so willing to blow such an incredible admissions advantage. Even a basic amount of work could get you money at a decent school. I don't mean to be rude, but I think the correct answer here is neither; especially in this economy. The correct answer is go work your ass off, get a 170+ LSAT get some money at a good school and drastically improve the rest of your life.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”