Any graduates or students from Barry U in Orlando? Any good? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Grizz

Diamond

Re: Any graduates or students from Barry U in Orlando? Any good?

Post by Grizz » Thu May 27, 2010 5:35 pm

delBarco wrote:
sig1 wrote:154. FPL Group. Thanks Duralex. Didn’t like the ad homonym? I thought it got the point across. LOL. Sorry for calling you a guy TrialJunkey when your a chic. Oh no. Hear comes the "chic" isn’t a P.C. term speech. Why don’t more attorneys speak like regular people? None of us our attorneys yet, some never will be but here we are talking like we have all been doing it for years. Its like we think were better than people. Were not. The best piece of advise I ever got was from my lsat teachers husband who has been the dean of two law schools (tier 1 for you elitist) and has a very successful practice in Miami. He told me the worst mistake we make is to out think the room. Most of the time the room didn’t go to law school. If that makes sense?

http://www.nexteraenergy.com/ = a firm that recruits from Barry? For legal work?
Haha I was just about to post that.

Again, pic or links to the firm or doesn't exist.

sig1

New

Post by sig1 » Thu May 27, 2010 5:54 pm

Duralex. Do companies post positions that have been filled? Please enlighten me. You seem to be the go to guy or chic, as I’ve learned, for all matters legal or otherwise. Or so you think. Where are you working after school? Are you even in law school? Please drop some knowledge on me brotha or sista. You get off on this stuff don’t you? That’s cool. Everyone has to have his or her thing. TrialJunkey I’m glad I didn’t offend you by calling you a chic. I wish more people were laid back like that.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu May 27, 2010 6:48 pm

sig1 wrote:Duralex. Do companies post positions that have been filled? Please enlighten me. You seem to be the go to guy or chic, as I’ve learned, for all matters legal or otherwise. Or so you think. Where are you working after school? Are you even in law school? Please drop some knowledge on me brotha or sista. You get off on this stuff don’t you? That’s cool. Everyone has to have his or her thing. TrialJunkey I’m glad I didn’t offend you by calling you a chic. I wish more people were laid back like that.
I think a little bit more civility can go a long way on both sides, but the question stands. You're obviously offended by all the negativity surrounding Barry. Those of us on the outside would like for you to provide some evidence that Barry does in fact have employment opportunities for those graduating (preferably in the legal environment), and all you've done is state the name of an energy company who doesn't appear on the NALP database. If Barry could provide reasonable employment opportunities for its graduates then there would surely be evidence for it. We'd like for you to enlighten us on where that is and why our bashing is unfounded. And telling people they "get off" on this kind of stuff isn't exactly a great way to defend the assertions they've made.

Rock Chalk

Silver

Post by Rock Chalk » Thu May 27, 2010 7:20 pm

Last edited by Rock Chalk on Wed May 16, 2012 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duralex

Bronze

Post by Duralex » Thu May 27, 2010 8:17 pm

sig1 wrote:Duralex. Do companies post positions that have been filled? Please enlighten me. You seem to be the go to guy or chic, as I’ve learned, for all matters legal or otherwise. Or so you think. Where are you working after school? Are you even in law school? Please drop some knowledge on me brotha or sista. You get off on this stuff don’t you? That’s cool. Everyone has to have his or her thing. TrialJunkey I’m glad I didn’t offend you by calling you a chic. I wish more people were laid back like that.
LOL. I've been pretty up front about who I am and am not. I'm a slightly older poster, a part time solo IT consultant, part time paralegal at a small/midsize family litigation firm, and have connections to the legal education community as well. I'm starting LS this fall. I don't give proper legal advice, I just pass on what I've seen/heard. Including from my best friend from undergrad, who went 1L at Barry and is now licensed attorney in another state.

You, on the other hand, are a sock puppet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sig1

New

Post by sig1 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:01 pm

Rock Chalk. You know what the crazy thing is? I might not be real. I could be anybody. For all you know I’m a 45 year old cracked out hooker is South Central. I could be exactly who I say I am. Or I could be completely full of shit. That’s what makes this whole concept so ridiculous. People get so fired up over what some person says on the internet. In the last three days I’ve consumed at least four peoples time with them trying to prove me wrong and fire back. It’s crazy. Is there not a better use of our time? I see how it can be addictive but at some point we have to stop hiding behind the veil. We could all be right or we could all be full of shit. The thing is, no one knows. Duralex is a perfect example. He or she is not even in school yet. He literally has zero first hand experience or foresight into the process from a students point of view. Sorry to throw you under the bus. TrialJunkey you have proven to be somewhat enchanting. LOL

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu May 27, 2010 11:49 pm

sig1 wrote:People get so fired up over what some person says on the internet.
--ImageRemoved--

Royal

Bronze

Post by Royal » Thu May 27, 2010 11:58 pm

sig1 wrote:154. FPL Group. Thanks Duralex. Didn’t like the ad homonym? I thought it got the point across. LOL. Sorry for calling you a guy TrialJunkey when your a chic. Oh no. Hear comes the "chic" isn’t a P.C. term speech. Why don’t more attorneys speak like regular people? None of us our attorneys yet, some never will be but here we are talking like we have all been doing it for years. Its like we think were better than people. Were not. The best piece of advise I ever got was from my lsat teachers husband who has been the dean of two law schools (tier 1 for you elitist) and has a very successful practice in Miami. He told me the worst mistake we make is to out think the room. Most of the time the room didn’t go to law school. If that makes sense?
After reading this, I'm pretty sure (for several reasons) that we all just got trolled for 4 pages.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Fri May 28, 2010 12:32 am

sig1 wrote:[strike]Rock Chalk. You know what the crazy thing is? I might not be real. I could be anybody. For all you know I’m a 45 year old cracked out hooker is South Central. I could be exactly who I say I am. Or I could be completely full of shit. That’s what makes this whole concept so ridiculous. People get so fired up over what some person says on the internet. In the last three days I’ve consumed at least four peoples time with them trying to prove me wrong and fire back. It’s crazy. Is there not a better use of our time? I see how it can be addictive but at some point we have to stop hiding behind the veil. We could all be right or we could all be full of shit. The thing is, no one knows. Duralex is a perfect example. He or she is not even in school yet. He literally has zero first hand experience or foresight into the process from a students point of view. Sorry to throw you under the bus. TrialJunkey you have proven to be somewhat enchanting. LOL[/strike] I lose
Glad you came to your senses

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Fri May 28, 2010 7:12 am

delBarco wrote:
sig1 wrote:[strike]Rock Chalk. You know what the crazy thing is? I might not be real. I could be anybody. For all you know I’m a 45 year old cracked out hooker is South Central. I could be exactly who I say I am. Or I could be completely full of shit. That’s what makes this whole concept so ridiculous. People get so fired up over what some person says on the internet. In the last three days I’ve consumed at least four peoples time with them trying to prove me wrong and fire back. It’s crazy. Is there not a better use of our time? I see how it can be addictive but at some point we have to stop hiding behind the veil. We could all be right or we could all be full of shit. The thing is, no one knows. Duralex is a perfect example. He or she is not even in school yet. He literally has zero first hand experience or foresight into the process from a students point of view. Sorry to throw you under the bus.[/strike] TrialJunk[strike]e[/strike]y you have proven to be somewhat enchanting. LOL I lose
Glad you came to your senses

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! That part stays :wink:

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Fri May 28, 2010 7:43 am

sig1 wrote:For all you know I’m a 45 year old cracked out hooker is South Central

sig1

New

Post by sig1 » Fri May 28, 2010 7:46 am

Royal, I am not a troll. I had to look up what that even means. I’m new to the internet bloggers world. This whole thing started with a bet between friends. Don’t worry she won. But I’m in it to win it now. By the time this is all said and done I will have revolutionized the way you all think and you will count yourselves lucky to have been in the random blog two “actual law students” sorry Duralax, picked to drop knowledge on. Still enchanted Trial Junkey.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Fri May 28, 2010 9:18 am

I still want to see your response to the question I asked earlier. Perhaps your real world experience could help a measly 0L like me open my eyes.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Duralex

Bronze

Post by Duralex » Fri May 28, 2010 10:14 am

sig1 wrote: Duralex is a perfect example. He or she is not even in school yet. He literally has zero first hand experience or foresight into the process from a students point of view.
"No need to go heeled to get the bulge on a tub like you."
sig1 wrote: By the time this is all said and done I will have revolutionized the way you all think
Troll is falling apart rapidly, although I will admit that this bit was amusing.

sig1

New

Post by sig1 » Fri May 28, 2010 10:34 am

Delbarco, What question is it you would like answered? I am here for ya brotha. Im not giving any names. Sorry. I’ve learned since being on here that people with nothing to do can do a lot of damage. Lol. But ask away. I’m here for another couple hours till it’s a boat to the island with some senoritas and margaritas for the fantastic Memorial Day weekend. Duralaxative, I thought we discussed this. Your speaking rights to me have been revoked. Now go back to your mom’s basement and think about your actions. Ill let you know when you can rejoin the group.

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Fri May 28, 2010 10:50 am

sig1 wrote:Delbarco, What question is it you would like answered? I am here for ya brotha. Im not giving any names. Sorry. I’ve learned since being on here that people with nothing to do can do a lot of damage. Lol. But ask away. I’m here for another couple hours till it’s a boat to the island with some senoritas and margaritas for the fantastic Memorial Day weekend. Duralaxative, I thought we discussed this. Your speaking rights to me have been revoked. Now go back to your mom’s basement and think about your actions. Ill let you know when you can rejoin the group.

you say brotha and sista a lot...where's my shout out in this thread? I'm going to have to start calling you a flame and liar again! God, no rest for the weary...

obvious flames are obvious (anyone, Duralex or DelBarco, have an extinguisher?)

Duralex

Bronze

Post by Duralex » Fri May 28, 2010 11:00 am

I'm too busy making hot pockets, I've got an endgame raid, a downed terminal server and a pile of depos to deal with today. Oh, the life of a basement dwelling paralegal/tech.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Rock Chalk

Silver

Post by Rock Chalk » Fri May 28, 2010 11:04 am

Last edited by Rock Chalk on Wed May 16, 2012 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri May 28, 2010 11:18 am

sig1 wrote:I’m here for another couple hours till it’s a boat to the island with some senoritas and margaritas for the fantastic Memorial Day weekend.
Sounds like a redneck/poor man's models and bottles. That's what you get for going TTTT.

HTH

sig1

New

Post by sig1 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:13 pm

To answer some of your questions. Full disclosure. I had this position before I ever went to law school. My father plays golf with the CEO almost once a week. So it was networking that did it. I graduated college with a 3.6 GPA and degree in Finance. I scored a 170 on the LSAT. I chose Barry for a girl. She is out of the picture and Barry stayed in it. I got an excellent education at Barry. I get off on being told I can’t do something and throwing it in peoples faces. That’s part of the reason I stayed. I heard it all. Barry is terrible, Barry is this it is that. The fact is, it isn’t what everyone says. I cant back the firms that only hire Barry grads. It is just what I heard. I don’t know how many firms recruit there. I have a job. I don’t bother myself with entertaining anything else. So my facts are hearsay which is what all the arguments against it are. Hearsay doesn’t count in anything. There is your first free lesson Duralaxative. I didn’t mean to offend you. The world needs part timers. Saves some social security dollars. But hey, at least you’re working. That’s got to count for something. Rad Law, your turn. I don’t like pulling this card but your comments warrant this. Poor mans bottles and models. Really? The boat is a 53-foot Viking, ours. The island? My family’s personal island in the Bahamas. I live the life you JO to Rad Law. Sorry to be vulgar. TrialJunky, I did not mean to leave you out. Of course you are my favorite chic in the Internet world and I hope you have a great weekend. Try not to break to many hearts out there

Duralex

Bronze

Post by Duralex » Fri May 28, 2010 12:21 pm

So, in short--you would have had a job regardless of whatever horror show of a school you happened to attend (likely on someone else's dime), and therefore other people should make the same decision?
So my facts are hearsay which is what all the arguments against it are. Hearsay doesn’t count in anything.
What? Check Fed R. Evid. 803-807.

I foresee that while you may have been handed this job, you won't be keeping it for too long.
Last edited by Duralex on Fri May 28, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri May 28, 2010 12:22 pm

sig1 wrote:To answer some of your questions. Full disclosure. I had this position before I ever went to law school. My father plays golf with the CEO almost once a week.
You would have gotten the job from whichever festering TTT you'd have gone to. But recommending this school is pure idiocy.
I cant back the firms that only hire Barry grads. It is just what I heard.
We did 5 mins of research and concluded this was probably bull. You could have done the same.
Hearsay doesn’t count in anything. There is your first free lesson Duralaxative.
Hearsay exceptions? How good was your Barry degree?

sig1

New

Post by sig1 » Fri May 28, 2010 1:04 pm

Like I said earlier. There are always exceptions to any rule. I like this. I’m starting to understand why this is all you guys do. It gets addictive. Duralaxative you are my project. Assignment 1: Memorial Day. Put the hot pockets down, (terrible for you) open the blinds, turn the computer off and get outside. Meet some peeps. That is what being a lawyer is all about. Right? Getting out there, mingling. People helping people. Ya know. Find some girl and tell her she has the most enchanting eyes you have ever seen and then turn around and walk away. She will follow. Trust me. No INTERNET. All right kids, I will be back Tuesday. I know I will be missed. You’re absolutely right. You looked up debunking facts in 5 mins. That’s what I have been saying all along. You can say, do, be anybody on this thing. That is what makes this so ridiculous, but I’m going to "learns" ya. Thats for you Rad Law. "and one by one the armies will amass" I wont forget my shout out to the ever so enticing TrialJunky.

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Fri May 28, 2010 1:15 pm

I have so many favorites but the following just make me down right laugh
sig1 wrote:To answer some of your questions. Full disclosure. I had this position before I ever went to law school. My father plays golf with the CEO almost once a week.
Must be nice! All those interested in Barry please be advised to have your job lined up BEFORE LS. Tell you fathers to get on their jobs!!!
sig1 wrote:There is your first free lesson Duralaxative. I didn’t mean to offend you.
That's pretty offensive - even if you didnt mean it...but I'm sure you did

sig1 wrote:TrialJunky, I did not mean to leave you out. Of course you are my favorite chic in the Internet world and I hope you have a great weekend. Try not to break to many hearts out there
Oh I don't care if he's a super flame, flattery gets you EVERYWHERE :oops: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rock Chalk

Silver

Post by Rock Chalk » Fri May 28, 2010 1:24 pm

Last edited by Rock Chalk on Wed May 16, 2012 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”