What happened to fordham?!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
timertimer61
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 am

What happened to fordham?!

Postby timertimer61 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:11 am

i must admit, i am pretty disappointed with fordham's new ranking. i feel like its extremely under-ranked at its current 34 rank. is it b/c of part-time? how did it get pushed back so far?

awesomepossum
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 12:49 am

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby awesomepossum » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:13 am

IBOS!!!!

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:23 am

When will people realize that most of the post 20 ranked schools are a clusterfuck?

The difference between a school like minnesota and fordham is nil.. yet they are ranked pretty damn far apart.

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby FunkyJD » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:29 am

I don't understand this concern with Fordham's ranking. You would think it dropped to Tier 2.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby im_blue » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:30 am

There was a relevant 2-3 page thread on Fordham in this forum, but it's been deleted. IMO, Fordham places better than its rank, but they do suffer from PT numbers and a low endowment.

Tomato Stevens
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:52 am

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby Tomato Stevens » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:37 am

im_blue wrote:There was a relevant 2-3 page thread on Fordham in this forum, but it's been deleted. IMO, Fordham places better than its rank, but they do suffer from PT numbers and a low endowment.

Ken, I think this calls on your involvement.

Ranking2011
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby Ranking2011 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:39 am

Tomato Stevens wrote:
im_blue wrote:There was a relevant 2-3 page thread on Fordham in this forum, but it's been deleted. IMO, Fordham places better than its rank, but they do suffer from PT numbers and a low endowment.

Ken, I think this calls on your involvement.

+1

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:44 am

I removed that thread because of inappropriate comments and general trolling. I am fine with the creation of another one, but I didn't feel it was appropriate to have a general conversation about my merits as a student, since I have no meaningful anonymity.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:48 am

timertimer61 wrote:i must admit, i am pretty disappointed with fordham's new ranking. i feel like its extremely under-ranked at its current 34 rank. is it b/c of part-time? how did it get pushed back so far?


Here are my observations, as shared in another thread:

OperaSoprano wrote:GW dropped eight spots last year, when PT numbers were first included. This year, GW cut the PT class to around 50 people and added more FT seats. Fordham did not allow USNews to shape its policies regarding PT class size. Since evening classes are crucial to working adults, people with families, and people who want/need more scheduling flexibility, I believe Fordham did the right thing by not shrinking its part time class to game the rankings. My PT class is the same size as the one that came before it. There are rumors afoot that Fordham may be forced to change this policy, because people care a lot about the rankings, and deans have been fired if schools slip. I think the evening program is one of Fordham's singular strengths, and I very much hope this doesn't happen because people are obsessed with a news magazine.

Tomato Stevens
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:52 am

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby Tomato Stevens » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:50 am

lol what?! I don't remember any personal attack in that thread about you.

Ken, please read the thread she has deleted and determine if OS (whose opinions I generally respect) should be a moderator on this board.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby Mr. Matlock » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:54 am

Tomato Stevens wrote:lol what?! I don't remember any personal attack in that thread about you.

Ken, please read the thread she has deleted and determine if OS (whose opinions I generally respect) should be a moderator on this board.

I saw the personal attack, as did others. The kid was a first class prick. But go ahead, PM Ken if it makes you feel good. I'm sure he'll respect what you have to say.

Tomato Stevens
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:52 am

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby Tomato Stevens » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:57 am

Mr. Matlock wrote:
Tomato Stevens wrote:lol what?! I don't remember any personal attack in that thread about you.

Ken, please read the thread she has deleted and determine if OS (whose opinions I generally respect) should be a moderator on this board.

I saw the personal attack, as did others. The kid was a first class prick. But go ahead, PM Ken if it makes you feel good. I'm sure he'll respect what you have to say.

I think most of the thread, that dealt with the decline of a once-respected law school in my hometown, was very beneficial for me and other individuals who consider Fordham.

How do I PM Ken?

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:57 am

Tomato Stevens wrote:lol what?! I don't remember any personal attack in that thread about you.

Ken, please read the thread she has deleted and determine if OS (whose opinions I generally respect) should be a moderator on this board.


It happened in the last several minutes before the thread was locked. There are several posters who did see it, and the individual was called out, but the thread had gotten seriously derailed by then and was no longer about Fordham. I will not lock, remove or delete any thread that is about Fordham and not about me as a person.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby Mr. Matlock » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:00 am

Tomato Stevens wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:
Tomato Stevens wrote:lol what?! I don't remember any personal attack in that thread about you.

Ken, please read the thread she has deleted and determine if OS (whose opinions I generally respect) should be a moderator on this board.

I saw the personal attack, as did others. The kid was a first class prick. But go ahead, PM Ken if it makes you feel good. I'm sure he'll respect what you have to say.

I think most of the thread, that dealt with the decline of a once-respected law school in my hometown, was very beneficial for me and other individuals who consider Fordham.

How do I PM Ken?

Are you a troll, or just really fucking dense?

Tomato Stevens
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:52 am

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby Tomato Stevens » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:01 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
Tomato Stevens wrote:lol what?! I don't remember any personal attack in that thread about you.

Ken, please read the thread she has deleted and determine if OS (whose opinions I generally respect) should be a moderator on this board.


It happened in the last several minutes before the thread was locked. There are several posters who did see it, and the individual was called out, but the thread had gotten seriously derailed by then and was no longer about Fordham. I will not lock, remove or delete any thread that is about Fordham and not about me as a person.

Maybe there was a part of the thread I did not see, but as far as I remember you were the one who provided inappropriate trolling in that thread. But once again, I may be misinformed. I do not find it hard to believe that you deleted a thread for the sole reason it criticized Fordham. This discussion should not continue here though. How do I PM Ken?

And yes, I am a 0L troll lol.

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby FunkyJD » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:02 am

Tomato Stevens wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:
Tomato Stevens wrote:lol what?! I don't remember any personal attack in that thread about you.

Ken, please read the thread she has deleted and determine if OS (whose opinions I generally respect) should be a moderator on this board.

I saw the personal attack, as did others. The kid was a first class prick. But go ahead, PM Ken if it makes you feel good. I'm sure he'll respect what you have to say.

I think most of the thread, that dealt with the decline of a once-respected law school in my hometown, was very beneficial for me and other individuals who consider Fordham.

How do I PM Ken?

If we're going to discuss Fordham on this thread, how about we discuss Fordham; and you can conduct whatever personal concerns/obsessions you have about board maintenance privately? No offense, but one wants to read this shit.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby romothesavior » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:08 am

Tomato Stevens wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Tomato Stevens wrote:lol what?! I don't remember any personal attack in that thread about you.

Ken, please read the thread she has deleted and determine if OS (whose opinions I generally respect) should be a moderator on this board.


It happened in the last several minutes before the thread was locked. There are several posters who did see it, and the individual was called out, but the thread had gotten seriously derailed by then and was no longer about Fordham. I will not lock, remove or delete any thread that is about Fordham and not about me as a person.

Maybe there was a part of the thread I did not see, but as far as I remember you were the one who provided inappropriate trolling in that thread. But once again, I may be misinformed. I do not find it hard to believe that you deleted a thread for the sole reason it criticized Fordham. This discussion should not continue here though. How do I PM Ken?

And yes, I am a 0L troll lol.


I'm with Tomato on this one. Maybe there was something I didn't see, but it seemed like there was nothing in there beyond the typical TLS ribbing and some people who took issue with the statistics/arguments OperaSoprano was trolling for.

But again, maybe there was something we didn't see that would have been grounds of a deletion. I'm skeptical though...

Ranking2011
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby Ranking2011 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:13 am

romothesavior wrote:I'm with Tomato on this one. Maybe there was something I didn't see, but it seemed like there was nothing in there beyond the typical TLS ribbing and some people who took issue with the statistics/arguments OperaSoprano was trolling for.

But again, maybe there was something we didn't see that would have been grounds of a deletion. I'm skeptical though...

+1
I actually read the thread a few seconds before it got deleted (I noticed that when I tried to reopen the thread and it wasn't there) and the only person trolling was a girl who was bluntly advocating for Fordham.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby traehekat » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:18 am

Oh boy...

Prediction - this thread is locked in another 10-12 replies.
Another prediction - Fordham eventually scales back its PT program and jump 6-10 spots in the rankings.
Final prediction - the tire will have definitely won the title by the time this is all said and done.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:18 am

romothesavior wrote:
Tomato Stevens wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Tomato Stevens wrote:lol what?! I don't remember any personal attack in that thread about you.

Ken, please read the thread she has deleted and determine if OS (whose opinions I generally respect) should be a moderator on this board.


It happened in the last several minutes before the thread was locked. There are several posters who did see it, and the individual was called out, but the thread had gotten seriously derailed by then and was no longer about Fordham. I will not lock, remove or delete any thread that is about Fordham and not about me as a person.

Maybe there was a part of the thread I did not see, but as far as I remember you were the one who provided inappropriate trolling in that thread. But once again, I may be misinformed. I do not find it hard to believe that you deleted a thread for the sole reason it criticized Fordham. This discussion should not continue here though. How do I PM Ken?

And yes, I am a 0L troll lol.


I'm with Tomato on this one. Maybe there was something I didn't see, but it seemed like there was nothing in there beyond the typical TLS ribbing and some people who took issue with the statistics/arguments OperaSoprano was trolling for.

But again, maybe there was something we didn't see that would have been grounds of a deletion. I'm skeptical though...


People take issues with my arguments all the time; that's the nature of TLS. People even complain and say negative things about Fordham, yet I do not lock threads left and right. My privacy was violated in an inappropriate manner, hence my action.

Tomato Stevens
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:52 am

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby Tomato Stevens » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:19 am

lol. I guess we are all going to be labeled now "anti Fordham trolls" by OS and be hunted forever.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby romothesavior » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:21 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
Tomato Stevens wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
It happened in the last several minutes before the thread was locked. There are several posters who did see it, and the individual was called out, but the thread had gotten seriously derailed by then and was no longer about Fordham. I will not lock, remove or delete any thread that is about Fordham and not about me as a person.

Maybe there was a part of the thread I did not see, but as far as I remember you were the one who provided inappropriate trolling in that thread. But once again, I may be misinformed. I do not find it hard to believe that you deleted a thread for the sole reason it criticized Fordham. This discussion should not continue here though. How do I PM Ken?

And yes, I am a 0L troll lol.


I'm with Tomato on this one. Maybe there was something I didn't see, but it seemed like there was nothing in there beyond the typical TLS ribbing and some people who took issue with the statistics/arguments OperaSoprano was trolling for.

But again, maybe there was something we didn't see that would have been grounds of a deletion. I'm skeptical though...


People take issues with my arguments all the time; that's the nature of TLS. People even complain and say negative things about Fordham, yet I do not lock threads left and right. My privacy was violated in an inappropriate manner, hence my action.


Fair enough. Like I said, I left the thread before it was locked, so I can't say one way or the other. I thought there was one personal jab at you regarding your constant Fordham trolling that was particularly comical, but it certainly was not anywhere near the level of severity required for a lock. But if someone outed you or said something patently offensive that I missed, then alright... No argument there.

User avatar
anibulbul
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:12 pm

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby anibulbul » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:24 am

OperaSoprano wrote:People take issues with my arguments all the time; that's the nature of TLS. People even complain and say negative things about Fordham, yet I do not lock threads left and right. My privacy was violated in an inappropriate manner, hence my action.

Excuse me, I have been quiet until now, but I have to say what I saw. Your privacy was NOT violated.
He responded to your surreal Fordham trolling by quoting your message and inserting funny observations in bold font. As far as I remember, you replied to that post. There was absolutely nothing unusual in those posts.

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:26 am

romothesavior wrote:
Fair enough. Like I said, I left the thread before it was locked, so I can't say one way or the other. I thought there was one personal jab at you regarding your constant Fordham trolling that was particularly comical, but it certainly was not anywhere near the level of severity required for a lock. But if someone outed you or said something patently offensive that I missed, then alright... No argument there.


Personal information was used that was intended as a personal attack. That's a very good reason to lock a thread.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: What happened to fordham?!

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:28 am

anibulbul wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:People take issues with my arguments all the time; that's the nature of TLS. People even complain and say negative things about Fordham, yet I do not lock threads left and right. My privacy was violated in an inappropriate manner, hence my action.

Excuse me, I have been quiet until now, but I have to say what I saw. Your privacy was NOT violated.
He responded to your surreal Fordham trolling by quoting your message and inserting funny observations in bold font. As far as I remember, you replied to that post. There was absolutely nothing unusual in those posts.


I wasn't talking about that. I did respond to it, and it would not have been grounds for locking the thread.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests