Depaul vs. Loyola vs. Kent

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Chicago24

Depaul vs. Loyola vs. Kent

Postby Chicago24 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:03 am

Can't decide. What do you think is best for future career prospect?

NervousInKC

Re: Depaul vs. Loyola vs. Kent

Postby NervousInKC » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:16 am

Chicago24 wrote:Can't decide. What do you think is best for future career prospect?

Earlier in my cycle (when I was still considering these three) I began talking to people in the Chicago area about this. They all said the three have made good names for themselves in the Chicago area. Obviously it would be harder to obtain "big-law" jobs from these schools as opposed to Northwestern etc. But from what I understood, it is very possible to reach your goals (considering they are realistic) coming from any of them. I would encourage you to visit each school and decide which you fit best with. I felt I identified most with Kent, but they all have their own dynamic.

Bucky83

Postby Bucky83 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:35 am

Chicago24 wrote:Can't decide. What do you think is best for future career prospect?

I have thought about this question for a while.

Here are a few links with discussion of the issue:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51820
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63710

FWIW I applied to all three last year, took a year off and reapplied to Loyola and Kent this year. I consider both solid schools but will almost surely be going to Kent next year. They generally offer more money, have really nice facilities and just seem to be a better law school than Loyola and DePaul. I also know a few Kent students who love the place.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:01 am

Kent seems to give out the most money, and Loyola seems to be the stingiest. I only applied to depaul and loyola though. I know its dumb, but I couldnt come to grips with Kent being affiliated with IIT. From the the published stats, loyola gives the 'best' opportunity for biglaw. I have already withdrawn my acceptance at depaul, and will probably withdraw my acceptance from loyola some time next week. Im just too worried about job prospects from those schools when I have offers from much higher ranked (and more respected) ones. However, I would chose loyola out of those three.

Chicago24

Postby Chicago24 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:10 am

Thank you guys for the input. Im going to the admitted students day at Kent tomorrow. Have been to both Loyola and Depaul. I really liked Loyola better than Depaul. However, I will make my decision sometime this weekend after my visit to Kent.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”