Michigan State vs. Valpo Law Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
LAK

New

Michigan State vs. Valpo Law

Post by LAK » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:47 pm

Hello everyone,

It is clearly that time of year and I too am undecided about what law school to attend this fall. I was accepted to 8 but I have narrowed it down to two, Michigan State and Valparaiso. I'm from Northwest Indiana and I attended Valpo for my masters so it seems like the logical choice because its home. However, I've heard mixed things about the law school and the facility is not up to par.

I recently attended a visit day at MSU and I was actually impressed with the facility, students, and program in general. I didn't receive any type of scholarship at either school (LSAT 150, GPA 3.98) and they are around the same price. After law school, I am looking to either work in Indy or head out towards Chicago.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Lauren

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Re: Michigan State vs. Valpo Law

Post by XxSpyKEx » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:04 pm

LAK wrote:Hello everyone,

It is clearly that time of year and I too am undecided about what law school to attend this fall. I was accepted to 8 but I have narrowed it down to two, Michigan State and Valparaiso. I'm from Northwest Indiana and I attended Valpo for my masters so it seems like the logical choice because its home. However, I've heard mixed things about the law school and the facility is not up to par.

I recently attended a visit day at MSU and I was actually impressed with the facility, students, and program in general. I didn't receive any type of scholarship at either school (LSAT 150, GPA 3.98) and they are around the same price. After law school, I am looking to either work in Indy or head out towards Chicago.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Lauren
For your sake, I hope this is a flame.

RickyRoe

Bronze

Post by RickyRoe » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:19 pm

XxSpyKEx wrote:

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Lauren

Or a typo. Forget the re-take advice, even with a 150 you could at least get into IU-Indy or one of the second tier Chicago schools.

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:55 pm

RickyRoe wrote:
XxSpyKEx wrote:

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Lauren

Or a typo. Forget the re-take advice, even with a 150 you could at least get into IU-Indy or one of the second tier Chicago schools.
Yeah, but none of those schools are worth paying sticker at either (assuming it isn't a typo and OP got a 150).

Another 10 points on the LSAT for a free ride at either of those schools (saving you a $150K+, about the size of a mortgage), or another 15 points opening up t14, or 20 points opening up the possibiilty of any law school in the country. But this really has to be a flame. No one is crazy/dumb enough to pay sticker at a TTT with a 3.98 UGPA.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”