Iowa ($$$$) vs. Notre Dame ($)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Iowa(full) Vs Notre Dame(5k)

Notre Dame
Total votes: 88

Re: Iowa ($$$$) vs. Notre Dame ($)

Postby tamlyric » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:13 pm

1. Iowa is arguably the better law school.
2. Iowa has given the vastly more generous offer.

What's the problem?

Postby JayTal » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:19 pm

ccs1702 wrote:
ps494 wrote:
sckon wrote:The only thing I worry about is the top 1/3rd of the class stipulation. How hard is that?

Edit for reading comp fail.

If the LSAT is indicative of how you will perform in law school, then you would easily be in the top 1/3 since your LSAT score is easily in the top 1/4 for Iowa.

Hardly. Some people that will do very well in law school are simply horrible standardized test takers. In fact, the correlation between LSAT and 1L grades is only .4. UGPA by comparison is correlated by roughly .25. Thus, though the single strongest numerical predictor of success in the first year of law school that is available to an admcom is the LSAT, it is of limited utility. No guarantee you'll be in the top third. IMO, I'd take Iowa with money.

Postby scribelaw » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:25 pm

If you can get ND up to $15k/year, I would take that over a conditional full ride at Iowa.

At ND, you'll have nationwide options and a stronger tie to the Chicago market than at Iowa. ND has a great alumni network, etc. I just think it's long term, the better bet.

Nothing against Iowa. This is a close call.

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:43 pm

NayBoer wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:By not putting the Desert Fox in charge of fighting Russia.
The Tundra Fox?

Tundra Wolf maybe?

Postby saltoftheearth » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:30 pm

didn't read through the thread...

I don't like the top 1/3 stipulation at Iowa + I like the good standing "stipulation" at ND

Unless you are fairly certain you can maintain your full scholly or maybe get in-state tuition at Iowa, I vote Notre Dame

Return to “Choosing a Law School”