Wake Forest Joint JD/MA in Bioethics Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Rowinguy2009

Bronze

Wake Forest Joint JD/MA in Bioethics

Post by Rowinguy2009 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:28 pm

Is anyone at all familiar with this program? Anyone have any thoughts on how useful it would be to get a joint degree under the program? It interests me a lot, but it seems that relatively few schools have similar programs so it's hard to make a comparison. I would think that the master's would give me an edge when it comes to medical litigation and similar areas of expertise, but I know a lot of people think getting a JDA/MBA isn't all that cost effective, so I am just wanting to see if people feel the same about this program.

jaydizzle

Silver

Re: Wake Forest Joint JD/MA in Bioethics

Post by jaydizzle » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:52 pm

Is this offered with their med school? Some other colleges are doing this as well, I'm also interested in finding out opinions about something like this. Health care is a hot topic and with all these changes it will be here to stay. I think this would be rather valuable, but I want to see what everyone thinks.

vamedic03

Gold

Post by vamedic03 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:16 pm

Rowinguy2009 wrote:Is anyone at all familiar with this program? Anyone have any thoughts on how useful it would be to get a joint degree under the program? It interests me a lot, but it seems that relatively few schools have similar programs so it's hard to make a comparison. I would think that the master's would give me an edge when it comes to medical litigation and similar areas of expertise, but I know a lot of people think getting a JDA/MBA isn't all that cost effective, so I am just wanting to see if people feel the same about this program.
Bioethics isn't going to help you with medical litigation . . . that's a highly technical field that you would better be served by focusing as much as possible of trial advocacy and litigation related classes

Rowinguy2009

Bronze

Post by Rowinguy2009 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:42 pm

bumpo

marshalltucker

New

Post by marshalltucker » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:00 pm

Possibly interested in this, so bump.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 270910 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:01 pm

Wow what a stellar program! I bet grads have terrific job prospects. Think of how desirable that would make you to employers! Way to Wake, that's an excellent offering, I'm jealous :)

Strictly Bum

New

Post by Strictly Bum » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:26 pm

How is Wake Forest as a whole. I'm from Florida and currently looking at schools? How are the people and the city.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”