2.7/168 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
prospectiveprospect

New

2.7/168

Post by prospectiveprospect » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:13 am

what are some better schools i can get into possibly

Diamond

Re: 2.7/168

Post by 09042014 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:30 pm

prospectiveprospect wrote:what are some better schools i can get into possibly
Washington University in St Louis, University of Indiana-Bloomington, University of Illinois.

prospectiveprospect

New

Post by prospectiveprospect » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:43 am

bump!

lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Post by lawschooliseasy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:45 am

Add Alabama and Iowa to that list.

prospectiveprospect

New

Post by prospectiveprospect » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:51 am

what do you guys think my outcome will be?
UIUC
IU-B
Washington & Lee
UC-Davis
Ohio State
Wake
George Mason
Arizona
American
Colorado-Boulder
Florida
Florida State
U of San Diego
Penn State
Miami
Seattle
Depaul
Loyola Chicago
Marquette
South Carolina
St. Louis
Memphis
Mississippi
Texas Tech
Stetson
Vermont

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Post by lawschooliseasy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:54 am

prospectiveprospect wrote:what do you guys think my outcome will be?
UIUC
IU-B
Washington & Lee
UC-Davis
Ohio State
Wake
George Mason
Arizona
American
Colorado-Boulder
Florida
Florida State
U of San Diego
Penn State
Miami
Seattle
Depaul
Loyola Chicago
Marquette
South Carolina
St. Louis
Memphis
Mississippi
Texas Tech
Stetson
Vermont
Use Law School Predictor, I'm too lazy to do it for you. You'll probably get into most/all of those schools, but splitters are always hard to predict. If I were you I'd retake or go instate, 'cause with that GPA you're probably going to have to eat sticker price.

prospectiveprospect

New

Post by prospectiveprospect » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:58 am

lawschooliseasy wrote:
UIUC
IU-B
Washington & Lee
UC-Davis
Ohio State
Wake
George Mason
Arizona
American
Colorado-Boulder
Florida
Florida State
U of San Diego
Penn State
Miami
Seattle
Depaul
Loyola Chicago
Marquette
South Carolina
St. Louis
Memphis
Mississippi
Texas Tech
Stetson
Vermont
Use Law School Predictor, I'm too lazy to do it for you. You'll probably get into most/all of those schools, but splitters are always hard to predict. If I were you I'd retake or go instate, 'cause with that GPA you're probably going to have to eat sticker price.
I have done the lsp but i hear it could be unreliable for splitters so i thought i would ask TLS :)

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:59 am

Desert Fox wrote:
Washington University in St Louis, University of Indiana-Bloomington, University of Illinois.
These are your target schools. Most of the schools on the way-too-long list are good safeties.

But WUSTL, IUB, and UIUC are going to eat up your LSAT despite the GPA, so you're probably accepted to at least one.

lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Post by lawschooliseasy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:04 am

Its also worthwhile to throw a few apps to higher-ranked schools with a 167-8 75th, they might take you to balance out their class. Texas, Cornell and USC are all long shots, but its worth a try.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:05 am

lawschooliseasy wrote:Its also worthwhile to throw a few apps to higher-ranked schools with a 167-8 75th, they might take you to balance out their class. Texas, Cornell and USC are all long shots, but its worth a try.
Texas has a GPA floor. No way you're getting in there with a 2.7 unless you majored in Curing Cancer.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:28 am

vanwinkle wrote:
lawschooliseasy wrote:Its also worthwhile to throw a few apps to higher-ranked schools with a 167-8 75th, they might take you to balance out their class. Texas, Cornell and USC are all long shots, but its worth a try.
Texas has a GPA floor. No way you're getting in there with a 2.7 unless you majored in Curing Cancer.
Except cervical cancer.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:42 am

Desert Fox wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
Except cervical cancer.
Dude, this took a couple seconds but then I lol'd. Well played, sir. :lol:

isaiah6v8

Bronze

Post by isaiah6v8 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:45 am

check my profile on here or at LSN
I have a 2.56 and 167 Only problem is that I have 7 years WE which probably helped me with my GPA. So far i have had a really good cycle. i would definitely apply to Alabama, great school and great people. Do you have an addendum for your GPA? I chose not to, I felt like telling them that I had poor grades because I was an idiot when I was a Fresh/Soph was a bit obvious, but if you have valid reasons maybe you should.
Last edited by isaiah6v8 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

prospectiveprospect

New

Post by prospectiveprospect » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:01 am

isaiah6v8 wrote:check my profile on here or at LSN
I have a 2.56 and 167 Only problem is that I have 7 years WE which probably helped me with my GPA. So far i have had a really good cycle. i would definitely apply to Alabama, great school and great people. Do you have an addendum for your GPA? I chose not to, I felt like telling them that I had poor grades because I was an idiot when I was a Fresh/Soph was a bit obvious, but if you have valid reasons maybe you should.
Why did you not apply to more top 100 law schools? I was also thinking of not writing an addendum.
Last edited by prospectiveprospect on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigA

Bronze

Post by BigA » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:54 am

vanwinkle wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
These are your target schools. Most of the schools on the way-too-long list are good safeties.

But WUSTL, IUB, and UIUC are going to eat up your LSAT despite the GPA, so you're probably accepted to at least one.
In any case, do you guys think it would be advisable to pay out of state sticker at these? I'm assuming he'd have to. I feel like many have spoken against this

isaiah6v8

Bronze

Post by isaiah6v8 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:17 am

prospectiveprospect wrote:
isaiah6v8 wrote:check my profile on here or at LSN (Osogrande)
Why did you not apply to more top 100 law schools? I was also thinking of not writing an addendum.
I have a goal of what i want to practice and where I want to practice. Basically I applied at places that made sense for me and my family. No reason to spend the app fee on a school that I have zero interest in attending. Are you straight out of UG?

prospectiveprospect

New

Post by prospectiveprospect » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:43 am

isaiah6v8 wrote:
isaiah6v8 wrote:check my profile on here or at LSN
I have a goal of what i want to practice and where I want to practice. Basically I applied at places that made sense for me and my family. No reason to spend the app fee on a school that I have zero interest in attending. Are you straight out of UG?
Yeah, I am coming straight out of UG. I have no place I am set on going to school/practicing in. And paying sticker does not really phase me.
Last edited by prospectiveprospect on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

isaiah6v8

Bronze

Post by isaiah6v8 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:53 pm

isaiah6v8 wrote:
isaiah6v8 wrote:check my profile on here or at LSN (Osogrande)
I have a 2.56 and 167 Only problem is that I have 7 years WE which probably helped me with my GPA. So far i have had a really good cycle. i would definitely apply to Alabama, great school .
?
Yeah, I am coming straight out of UG. I have no place I am set on going to school/practicing in. And paying sticker does not really phase me.
I will caution you about my numbers then. Remember that Adcoms definitely take in how much time has passed since my GPA and the work experience that went with it.
That being said, apply to as many as you like and you will likely be surprised, I know I was on a few of them.

prospectiveprospect

New

Post by prospectiveprospect » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:44 pm

anyone else have the in's or out's of the schools i listed???

isaiah6v8

Bronze

Post by isaiah6v8 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:14 pm

so I left ? for you where all i could do was tell you about what LSP would say, the others are based on reasons I have seen either personally or on these boards. Are you talking about applying this cycle, or next year? If next year, I would be sure to get your apps in early and try to get a 4.0 for your last semesters. Anyway, good luck.
UIUC - ?
IU-B - in
Washington & Lee - WL at best
UC-Davis - ?
Ohio State - ?
Wake - WL
George Mason - in
Arizona - ?
American - ?
Colorado-Boulder - out
Florida - out
Florida State - out
U of San Diego - ?
Penn State - out
Miami - in
Seattle - in
Depaul - ?
Loyola Chicago - out
Marquette - ?
South Carolina - in
St. Louis - ?
Memphis - ?
Mississippi - ?
Texas Tech - out
Stetson - in
Vermont - ?

pattymac

Bronze

Post by pattymac » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:32 pm

FWIW, youre a strong consider at Florida on LSP...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

prospectiveprospect

New

Post by prospectiveprospect » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:57 pm

I will be applying next cycle. The 2.7 is a GPA I could realistically get.

isaiah6v8

Bronze

Post by isaiah6v8 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:01 pm

pattymac wrote:FWIW, youre a strong consider at Florida on LSP...
it may say that, but believe me, you have little chance at FL with those numbers this year or next. Trust me, I am trying, I have been on "hold" since 11/30/09 and while i may still get in, I have 7 years of WE to help out my poor GPA. They are reducing their class sizes, they used to take 400 students they are down to 300 this year.

edit: i guess if you were from FL or if your softs were better than WE that could even things out obviously. But LSP does not take those things into account, so I think LSP is unreliable in this situation.

BigA

Bronze

Post by BigA » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:19 pm

isaiah6v8 wrote:
it may say that, but believe me, you have little chance at FL with those numbers this year or next. Trust me, I am trying, I have been on "hold" since 11/30/09 and while i may still get in, I have 7 years of WE to help out my poor GPA. They are reducing their class sizes, they used to take 400 students they are down to 300 this year.

edit: i guess if you were from FL or if your softs were better than WE that could even things out obviously. But LSP does not take those things into account, so I think LSP is unreliable in this situation.
really?? That sucks. Same with Florida State?

isaiah6v8

Bronze

Post by isaiah6v8 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:07 pm

BigA wrote:
isaiah6v8 wrote:

really?? That sucks. Same with Florida State?
i am on "hold" with FSU, which surprised me, because I researched several schools that I applied to because of their history of acceptances, and FSU was one of them, that had never rejected anyone with a 165 or higher. But I am currently on hold there too.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”