What are my chances at Richmond ED? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
TACHLS2

New

What are my chances at Richmond ED?

Post by TACHLS2 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:55 pm

I’ll be applying to law school in Fall of 2023. I’m a disabled URM with a 2.7 GPA. I plan to take the LSAT in August. I took a diagnostic LSAT last night and got a 156. ( I have a lot of time to study so I can certainly improve that by the time I take the real LSAT)

As I said I have a disability and there’s an explanation for my low GPA( I’ve had some pretty rough things happen over the years)

How well do I need to score on the LSAT to have a chance at URichmond ED?

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: What are my chances at Richmond ED?

Post by crazywafflez » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:10 am

Honestly, idk. I didn't know Richmond had an ED program. 1) you are a URM, so it is hard to fully gauge what scores you'll need (but, a good rule of thumb is the higher LSAT the better!), (2) i'd consider applying to some more schools! I think you've got a good back story and might as well apply widely. I think adding more VA schools or schools in the area and going to the cheapest one on scholarship would be a good move. I'd try adding W&L and W&M, as well as GMU and see what tuition costs will be. But Richmond is a good school and I think if you study a bit more on the LSAT and get it above a 160, you'll be in good shape for those VA schools.

Pneumonia

Gold

Re: What are my chances at Richmond ED?

Post by Pneumonia » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:51 pm

With a 156 diagnostic (assuming you did it timed), you can almost certainly study into the high 170s. My diagnostic was 151 and I got high 170s on test day. Even if untimed, 156 is pretty solid. You should be aiming for a 170+ LSAT and a T20 school.

Return to “What are my chances?”