Is Spivey or 7Sage admission consultancy good for international applicant with poor GPA high LSAT? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Dolna Ray

New

Is Spivey or 7Sage admission consultancy good for international applicant with poor GPA high LSAT?

Post by Dolna Ray » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:37 am

Between Spivey and 7Sage who can help me write a more compelling PS ?

Asking coz although I am international and have a 178 LSAT score, (taken 2020) I barely managed to graduate and ended up with a BA LSAC classification.

The only semi consolation is that didnt fail any module in UG. Although I dunno if that would help coz BA classification is BA.

I know LSAT score matter more for intl applicants but I am not the typical intl applicant here with a Superior or Above Average Classification.

I graduated in 2014.

have acquired 2 MAs meanwhile. One as AA rating, the other superior. I know both wouldnt matter.

Have some WE. In a senior managerial role but not like super high so T3 softs most likely.

Race - Minority but not URM minority.
Lgbtq if that makes any difference.

Not applying to T14. Dont want the adcoms seeing my UG transcripts and receiving a heart attack.

talons2250

Bronze

Re: Is Spivey or 7Sage admission consultancy good for international applicant with poor GPA high LSAT?

Post by talons2250 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:01 pm

Spivey. And you should definitely still apply to the T14. Worst case scenario is you get rejected. Who cares what they think of you otherwise?

Dolna Ray

New

Re: Is Spivey or 7Sage admission consultancy good for international applicant with poor GPA high LSAT?

Post by Dolna Ray » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:44 am

My target schools are

ASU
Uni of Iowa
George Mason
IU Bloomington
American Law School
Cardozo
Brooklyn
Penn State
Nebraska U

And a couple of T20 :
WUSTL (coz they offer GPA redact
UF

Do you think I have a fair shot at Cardozo or American or ASU (30-50) with these stats?

trebekismyhero

Silver

Post by trebekismyhero » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:22 pm

Dolna Ray wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:44 am
My target schools are

ASU
Uni of Iowa
George Mason
IU Bloomington
American Law School
Cardozo
Brooklyn
Penn State
Nebraska U

And a couple of T20 :
UF

Do you think I have a fair shot at Cardozo or American or ASU (30-50) with these stats?
Why are these your target schools if you are international? If you are not a US citizen or green card holder but want to stay in the U.S. after graduation you need big law and none of these schools (save maybe WUSTL) gives you a good chance. If you have a 178, you should apply to the entire t14 and then T20. of the schools you listed, you should really only apply to WUSTL unless you are getting full rides at the other places and don't care about staying in the U.S. after graduation.

talons2250

Bronze

Post by talons2250 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:00 pm

trebekismyhero wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:22 pm
Dolna Ray wrote:
My target schools are

ASU
Uni of Iowa
George Mason
IU Bloomington
American Law School
Cardozo
Brooklyn
Penn State
Nebraska U

And a couple of T20 :
UF

Why are these your target schools if you are international? If you are not a US citizen or green card holder but want to stay in the U.S. after graduation you need big law and none of these schools (save maybe WUSTL) gives you a good chance. If you have a 178, you should apply to the entire t14 and then T20. of the schools you listed, you should really only apply to WUSTL unless you are getting full rides at the other places and don't care about staying in the U.S. after graduation.
OP has a "Below Average" rating for their undergraduate international diploma and says that they "barely graduated" from undergrad, so we're talking about a GPA that is significantly sub-par, making the T14 less of a a guaranteed option.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

trebekismyhero

Silver

Post by trebekismyhero » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:15 pm

talons2250 wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:00 pm
trebekismyhero wrote:
Dolna Ray wrote:
My target schools are

ASU
Uni of Iowa
George Mason
IU Bloomington
American Law School
Cardozo
Brooklyn
Penn State
Nebraska U

And a couple of T20 :
UF

OP has a "Below Average" rating for their undergraduate international diploma and says that they "barely graduated" from undergrad, so we're talking about a GPA that is significantly sub-par, making the T14 less of a a guaranteed option.
Agreed that it is less than a guaranteed option but still worth applying and especially if OP is international the rest of the list doesn't make much sense. If OP wants to stay in US after school, should focus on t1 schools with highest big law placement

Dolna Ray

New

Post by Dolna Ray » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:11 pm

talons2250 wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:00 pm
trebekismyhero wrote:
Dolna Ray wrote:
My target schools are

ASU
Uni of Iowa
George Mason
IU Bloomington
American Law School
Cardozo
Brooklyn
Penn State
Nebraska U

And a couple of T20 :
UF

On that note do you think I might have a chance at T50 schools? I am not applying to T14 at all.

Among T20 only to WUSTL coz gpa redaction and UF coz saw some sub 2.5 gpas with T3/4 softs get in with high LSATs.

Like if someone with a 2.2 and 170 can get in somewhere, wont that school be a reach for me?

In 2021 I saw someone with a Below Average and 153 get in Uni of Nebraska ranked in 70s.

Does this mean I can get in 50-100 with a 178?

As long as I end up anywhere higher than Cooley, Ava Maria, Appalachian, Golden Gate I will be happy enough. I know ppl in my position cant be too choosy.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”