3.98/170 chances ? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Heyjude2644

New

3.98/170 chances ?

Post by Heyjude2644 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:26 pm

Hello! Hoping to get some advice on where I should apply to school.
I have a 3.98 GPA from a large, pretty competitive public school. Got a 170 on the lsat.
Here’s my “softs”: I took classes for my undergrad and master’s degree at the same time so I’ll be done with college next may with both degrees (political science). I have some decent internship and volunteer experience but nothing crazy. No “real” work experience because I’ll be right out of college. My recs will be good, but aren’t everyone’s?
Anyway, I haven’t decided my path yet and just wanted to get some advice: where should I apply if I’m still not sure whether I’d want to do big law? What are my chances at lower t14? What type of scholarships should I hope for at these stats?
My questions are vague because I just got my score back today and am now trying to figure out what’s realistic. Last question: should I retake the lsat?? 170 was within my PT range but on the lower end

talons2250

Bronze

Re: 3.98/170 chances ?

Post by talons2250 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:59 pm

You're a very strong candidate and, with those stats, nowhere is completely off the table. You have a good shot at a scholarship at a lower T14. I wouldn't retake the LSAT unless you are dead set on Yale and/or you want to be competitive for a full-ride scholarship at CCNMVPB.

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: 3.98/170 chances ?

Post by crazywafflez » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:19 pm

Heyjude2644 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:26 pm
Hello! Hoping to get some advice on where I should apply to school.
I have a 3.98 GPA from a large, pretty competitive public school. Got a 170 on the lsat.
Here’s my “softs”: I took classes for my undergrad and master’s degree at the same time so I’ll be done with college next may with both degrees (political science). I have some decent internship and volunteer experience but nothing crazy. No “real” work experience because I’ll be right out of college. My recs will be good, but aren’t everyone’s?
Anyway, I haven’t decided my path yet and just wanted to get some advice: where should I apply if I’m still not sure whether I’d want to do big law? What are my chances at lower t14? What type of scholarships should I hope for at these stats?
My questions are vague because I just got my score back today and am now trying to figure out what’s realistic. Last question: should I retake the lsat?? 170 was within my PT range but on the lower end
Good chances. APply to all the T14 plus a couple T20s in the region you want to be (want the South or potentially NYC, Vandy; socal? USC and UCLA; Texas? UT etc). YOu'll get some good bites somewhere.

Return to “What are my chances?”