Chance Me: 3.75GPA; 160 LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
PerfectlyImperfect

New

Chance Me: 3.75GPA; 160 LSAT

Post by PerfectlyImperfect » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:38 pm

Planning to attend a local school with a PT/night program with low tuition that I can pay without loans.

I took the LSAT cold years ago and got a 160. I'll be studying this time around.

Just curious what other options might be available to me based on the 160 LSAT if I don't improve my score.

Female (N-URM); did undergrad at large public university; criminal justice major; 3.75 GPA; 10+ years work experience in public service and teaching; plan to pursue government job

pkeller

Re: Chance Me: 3.75GPA; 160 LSAT

Post by pkeller » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:44 pm

How many years ago is years ago? LSAT scores expire after 5 years, I think

It's impossible to predict how much your score could improve with studying, as it's a very teachable test. Remember that LSAT scores matter for scholarships too.

Any other significant softs?

I'd recommend checking out TLS stats too to calculate based on your existing stats as long as your score hasn't expired, but again I'd highly recommend studying and retaking, based upon your potential

PerfectlyImperfect

New

Re: Chance Me: 3.75GPA; 160 LSAT

Post by PerfectlyImperfect » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:06 pm

Thank you so much for the response. My previous LSAT score is definitely expired. (I think it was about 10 years ago.) I don’t know exactly what counts as “softs” so not sure what I have going for me aside from working in dependency as a child advocate for 2 years, followed by a 10-year teaching career.

My real struggle is that I’m geographically locked. I’m a married mother of 2 (senior in HS and 8th grader) and relocating my entire family for law school isn’t feasible. I live in Florida. I’m 0.75 hours to Orlando, 1.5 to Gainesville, and 1.75 - 2.0 to Tampa. Gainesville and Tampa aren’t exactly commuter friendly and law school options in Orlando are, well, not exciting.

I have no delusions about this. IF I go to law school, I’ll be pushing 50 by the time I graduate. If I have the time, the money (thanks, hubby) and the dream, why not, right? Just have to work it out logistically.

I guess I’m going to study for the October LSAT and see what happens from there.

Return to “What are my chances?”