Chance me: 2.77/173 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
vscognam

New

Chance me: 2.77/173

Post by vscognam » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:23 pm

Hello all,

I am planning on applying to schools next October. I know that I want to be a trial lawyer, and work in Texas, DC, NYC or Chicago. I know it may not matter, but I majored in math and went to a top private school.

I think maybe I am a URM? Parents are both from South America and first generation immigrants.

What are my chances at the following schools? Are there any other schools I should consider? It is not BigLaw or bust for me, although BigLaw is something that interests me. My primary concern is not drowning in debt that I am unable to pay off.

Schools I am considering:

- UT Austin
- Baylor
- University of Houston
- SMU
- WUSTL
- Tulane
- George Washington University
- Washington & Lee
- Wake Forest

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Chance me: 2.77/173

Post by crazywafflez » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:15 pm

vscognam wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:23 pm
Hello all,

I am planning on applying to schools next October. I know that I want to be a trial lawyer, and work in Texas, DC, NYC or Chicago. I know it may not matter, but I majored in math and went to a top private school.

I think maybe I am a URM? Parents are both from South America and first generation immigrants.

What are my chances at the following schools? Are there any other schools I should consider? It is not BigLaw or bust for me, although BigLaw is something that interests me. My primary concern is not drowning in debt that I am unable to pay off.

Schools I am considering:

- UT Austin
- Baylor
- University of Houston
- SMU
- WUSTL
- Tulane
- George Washington University
- Washington & Lee
- Wake Forest
UT- maybe
Baylor- In with $$$$
Houston- In with $$$$
SMU- In with $$
WUSTL- In with $$
Tulane- In with $$$
GWU- In with $$
W&L- In with $$$
Wake- In with $$$

What kind of trial lawyer do you want to be though? Like litigation at a biglaw firm? Doing local DA work in San Antonio? This will change what school you ought to go to. Anyways, if you are going to venture outside the top 20 or so, I'd go to whichever school gives you the best scholarship in the place you want to practice. Wake doesn't place a whole lot outside of NC. Tulane places some in NYC and Texas, but to get biglaw/ those locations you'll need top grades. SMU does well for Dallas and Houston for Houston. None of these schools except WUSTL will really place into Chi.

Return to “What are my chances?”