International Student/AA/168LSAT/ED UCLA? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mosaik

New

International Student/AA/168LSAT/ED UCLA?

Post by mosaik » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:44 am

Hello, hope everyone is doing well.

I'm an international student and first generation in my family to attend college. GPA 3.48, got AA for CAS. I scored 168 in June Lsat-flex.

UCLA is my favorite law school and I already submitted my application for UCLA ED as well as regular decision for Berkeley and Cornell.

Are there any chances that I can attend UCLA or any other lower T14?

radar31520

New

Re: International Student/AA/168LSAT/ED UCLA?

Post by radar31520 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:09 pm

I got a full ride to Berkeley with a lower gpa. You are selling yourself short. I’m an AA male.

crazywafflez

Silver

Post by crazywafflez » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:34 pm

I think the OP meant they got an Above Average rating at an international school, not that they are a URM (I could be mistaken though).
Yes, you have a shot at UCLA and the lower T14. I would only go to UCLA if you got a good scholarship, and you need to make sure you have a good visa possibilities.

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze

Post by BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:32 am

Fwiw, I applied 4-5 years ago and had a hard time getting into Berkeley and UCLA as an international with a Superior and an lsat at or above median or these schools. I think west coast schools are less international friendly. Alternatively they care more about gpa which international don't have. At 168 (below medians of both schools), it's very hard. As an Ed, you would likely get no money anyway. DM me for more. I applied over three cycles.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”