Chance me 163/3.73 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
streiman

New

Chance me 163/3.73

Post by streiman » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:55 am

hello! i’m wondering what my chances are for getting into a top 20 school. i know my lsat is pretty low so what ranking range should i be look at? i’m interested in

ASU
UNC
Vanderbilt as a reach

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Chance me 163/3.73

Post by crazywafflez » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:03 pm

Vandy isn't a peer to these schools. UNC and ASU are both great schools for their respective states. ASU and UNC are no better, nor any worse, than Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Davis, etc., they are all peers that just happen to be in the "T30", which isn't a real ranking and basically all T1 schools are peers and do well in their state. UNC is a great example of a good law school that has been on a roller coaster with the ranks (and most schools ranked between 20 or so and 60 often move places year to year).
Outside of the T13 schools are regional. Schools like Vandy/UT/UCLA and to an extent USC/WashU/ND, maybe, maybe BC/BU are "super regional"- i.e. Vandy places throughout all the South and somewhat into NYC, ND the same but for the midwest etc.
Schools like UNC, Minnesota, UTk, IL are all peer schools and predominantly place into their respective state.

LochnerEra

New

Post by LochnerEra » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:27 am

163/3.73 won't cut it for most top 20 programs, but it's good enough for a full ride at many quality schools ranked ~30 or worse. If you're flush with cash and ready for rejections, send flier apps to Vandy, Texas, Wash U, and schools of their caliber. There's a fair (but by no means certain) chance that one will bite. Otherwise, the legion of near-to-full-ride law soldiers at schools like Wisconsin, UC-Davis, and Florida State will welcome you into the ranks.

LochnerEra

New

Post by LochnerEra » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:34 am

ALSO definitely apply to the University of Arizona if you're aiming to get something going with ASU! ASU likes to compete with the UofA over applicants. ASU is known for giving decent scholarships, but the UofA is crazy about the scholarships it gives out. 60%+ of the students at UofA have a full tuition or full tuition + stipend scholarship. I know multiple students who used their generous UofA offer in negotiation with ASU to turn a decent ASU offer into a great one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”