Advice for a Potential Reverse Splitter? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ajumike96

New

Advice for a Potential Reverse Splitter?

Post by ajumike96 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:07 pm

Hi! I just finished my LSAT and do not think it went very well :(

My PTs have been high 170's, but I had some kind of panic attack in the first RC section (which I know for sure is not an experimental) and I think I might have gotten somewhere around high-160's to low-170's.

I believe most people would advise me to retake it, but to be very honest, I do not have much drive left in me to push for another run... I've been studying since January while working full time at a tech startup, which often sucks your life out. My life has been a repetition of going to work, coming back home, eating dinner, studying for LSAT, and going to bed for more than a year, and I really want to end this haha.

Perhaps, I may garner up enough energy in me next few weeks to take another shot, or my educated guesses turn out to be good enough... But it would be great if I can get some opinions on where my expected score can take me to.

Normally, I would use mylsn or 7sage predictor, but my GPA and the possible LSAT score puts me in an extreme that there aren't so many samples in the stat.

To begin with, I got my STEM degree from Berkeley with CAS GPA of 4.21. I do not have a great soft, other than two summer internship at a local law firm and several tutor/instructor position from my major department.

After graduation, I joined a tech startup as a founding employee and this is my third year working. I am not a great writer, but I am planning to tie my experience at a startup to my interest in tech transactional law. My academic LOR will be quite underwhelming since I did not work at any lab to get to know any professors, but I think the LOR from my work will be very strong.

As to my target schools, I really wanted H, but with LSAT score, probably that is beyond my reach...
Do you think my score can take me to some of the T6 schools?

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Advice for a Potential Reverse Splitter?

Post by crazywafflez » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:16 pm

It is so hard to say, especially in recent cycles. What do you want to do? Generic biglaw? If so, any T14 will suffice and I'd much prefer to go to Duke or Mich on a scholarship than pay sticker at CCN. If you get like a 169+ I'd bet a lower T14, perhaps with scholarship, will bite. I'm unsure if CCN will admit you, regardless of monies, but you are certainly competitive. I think if you are below the 170 mark H and S will be difficult- I mean, take your shot, but I wouldn't rely on it at all (i'd tell that to folks even in the lower 170s too).

Return to “What are my chances?”