SPLITTER 171/3.4 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Doorsofperc

New

SPLITTER 171/3.4

Post by Doorsofperc » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:58 pm

Hi everyone! I'm a splitter with a 3.4 (from an Ivy League school in a tough major, if that helps) and a 171. I have two years' work experience as well. Does anyone have any recs for me? I'd ideally like to go T14-T20; would applying ED to a school like UCLA, USC, or Georgetown greatly increase my odds of admission? Paying tuition is not a problem for me. Thank you all so much for any advice.

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: SPLITTER 171/3.4

Post by crazywafflez » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:19 am

Doorsofperc wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:58 pm
Hi everyone! I'm a splitter with a 3.4 (from an Ivy League school in a tough major, if that helps) and a 171. I have two years' work experience as well. Does anyone have any recs for me? I'd ideally like to go T14-T20; would applying ED to a school like UCLA, USC, or Georgetown greatly increase my odds of admission? Paying tuition is not a problem for me. Thank you all so much for any advice.
Applying ED would most likely increase your odds (but only slightly), however, you lose out on scholarships most of the time. Now, you've said money isn't really a concern, so perhaps EDing would behoove you, but I'd recommend you take some finances into account. Even if money isn't an obstacle- a cool 200k or so isn't exactly a drop in the bucket. That kind of money can be the down payment on a great home- moreover, paying back loans is a pain (i'm in the process now and it is awful and I'm not even in that much debt).
With that aside, your chances are good for the T20. I'd even say Gtown is certainly in the running as well as possibly some other lower T14s (unless their medians has just moved substantially from the last cycle). But I'd be shocked if you didn't get USC- and you are certainly competitive for UCLA and Gtown.

Return to “What are my chances?”