LSAT 176/International/Superior/T-14 Chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ilnyyoon

New

LSAT 176/International/Superior/T-14 Chances?

Post by ilnyyoon » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:18 am

Hi, everyone. Hope your day is going well! Would love some advice.

So I took the June test and got a 176. I'm a U.S. citizen (dual) but I'm attending a foreign university, and I am quite sure that my GPA will translate to a Superior. The problem is, this cycle is apparently quite competitive, and I have no meaningful work experience and what I think are below-average softs. Should I apply to the T-14 this cycle regardless, or do you think I should wait and apply next cycle (while gaining a bit of work experience in the meantime)? I also heard that applying to the same school twice in different cycles doesn't make a good impression to the admissions officers, but I don't know if that's true.

Thanks in advance!

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: LSAT 176/International/Superior/T-14 Chances?

Post by crazywafflez » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:34 pm

ilnyyoon wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:18 am
Hi, everyone. Hope your day is going well! Would love some advice.

So I took the June test and got a 176. I'm a U.S. citizen (dual) but I'm attending a foreign university, and I am quite sure that my GPA will translate to a Superior. The problem is, this cycle is apparently quite competitive, and I have no meaningful work experience and what I think are below-average softs. Should I apply to the T-14 this cycle regardless, or do you think I should wait and apply next cycle (while gaining a bit of work experience in the meantime)? I also heard that applying to the same school twice in different cycles doesn't make a good impression to the admissions officers, but I don't know if that's true.

Thanks in advance!
You've got amazing scores- you'll get into the T14 and you'll get a scholarship at the lower T14 (which I'd recommend going to Cornell for free, or close to it, rather than paying sticker at NYU). I'd take a year off though if you are under 25- work for a year and get some experience. Law school will still be there and your scores are valid for a couple years. You'll have a good cycle no matter when you apply, but I'd urge you to take a year off and see if law is something you are really interested in and just to gain some experience.

ilnyyoon

New

Re: LSAT 17-High/International/Superior/Chances?

Post by ilnyyoon » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:36 pm

RonMexico5858

New

Post by RonMexico5858 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:14 am

Sounds like you have a very good shot at any school in the T14, including scholarships to all of the schools that offer them. Not sure what your goals are, but I've heard that if you want to go BigLaw (like seemingly most on this sub), you should take the money wherever you get it and run since the returns from going up in the rankings in the T14 are fairly diminishing for big law.

ilnyyoon

New

Post by ilnyyoon » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:07 am

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your responses! I'm sorry for the late reply, I'm unfamiliar with the TLS forum so I just figured out how to post a reply.

Again, thanks for your help and encouragement! I'll be sure to keep all that in mind. :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”