URM, 178 & 3.45 gpa; honestly, is it possible to get into UCLA Law with a scholarship? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
frederickb

New

URM, 178 & 3.45 gpa; honestly, is it possible to get into UCLA Law with a scholarship?

Post by frederickb » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:36 pm

I really do want to attend this school, but I can't go through with it If I will take on $200k+ debt for it. Biglaw is something I'm considering as well.

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: URM, 178 & 3.45 gpa; honestly, is it possible to get into UCLA Law with a scholarship?

Post by crazywafflez » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:40 pm

frederickb wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:36 pm
I really do want to attend this school, but I can't go through with it If I will take on $200k+ debt for it. Biglaw is something I'm considering as well.
It is certainly possible you'll get in with a great scholarship- or you'll get waitlisted or get in for sticker. I'd recommend applying broadly- apply to USC, UCLA, and all the T14- you may even get a better scholarship at Cornell than UCLA, in which case you could negotiate between the two or just go to Cornell. Apply to all the T14, and USC/UCLA- you'll get a scholarship somewhere.

Hamotron

New

Re: URM, 178 & 3.45 gpa; honestly, is it possible to get into UCLA Law with a scholarship?

Post by Hamotron » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:31 am

frederickb wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:36 pm
Have you considered their Distinguished Scholars program? If you're 100% set on them assuming they give you a scholarship, I think that could be a good idea. You'll be bumped to RD if you don't get in, so if they're your first choice it seems risk-free.

Return to “What are my chances?”