Chances at T-14 with 3.49/168? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
potatoman

New

Chances at T-14 with 3.49/168?

Post by potatoman » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:31 pm

What are my chances at some lower tier T14s (thinking UMich, Duke, Berkeley, Georgetown) with my stats? I know they are both below medians so I’m retaking the LSAT in October to make my splitter status less atrocious. I’m also curious if I should bother preparing T14 applications before I get October results only to someone get a low score again.

Some more info about me: graduated from a top university with a BS in chemical engineering as well as a BA. Three years work experience as an engineer. Considering environmental law but maybe I should make them think I want patent law to increase my chances of admission? I have some ties to the Midwest so that may help with UMich. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Chances at T-14 with 3.49/168?

Post by crazywafflez » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:51 pm

potatoman wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:31 pm
What are my chances at some lower tier T14s (thinking UMich, Duke, Berkeley, Georgetown) with my stats? I know they are both below medians so I’m retaking the LSAT in October to make my splitter status less atrocious. I’m also curious if I should bother preparing T14 applications before I get October results only to someone get a low score again.

Some more info about me: graduated from a top university with a BS in chemical engineering as well as a BA. Three years work experience as an engineer. Considering environmental law but maybe I should make them think I want patent law to increase my chances of admission? I have some ties to the Midwest so that may help with UMich. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!
Them thinking you want patent law won't help you get in. Law schools don't really care much what type of law one wishes to pursue as far as I'm aware. You've got a chance at Gtown- in previous cycles I'd say you were competitive (but far from guaranteed) to the T13- I don't think that holds as true anymore (however, it is certainly possible next cycle is less competitive).
Certainly retake if you think you have more room to grow.
Midwest ties I don't think will help with Mich (i.e. I think they have plenty of people from within and outside the midwest that would be happy to attend). Your softs are fine.
I'd say you have a chance at Gtown- and a slim chance to some of the lower T13s- good chance at T20s like UCLA/Vandy etc., but not sure what monies you'd get from them tbh.

Return to “What are my chances?”