What are my chances? 3.85/173/n-URM/KJD Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dvorakuser

New

What are my chances? 3.85/173/n-URM/KJD

Post by dvorakuser » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I just took the June LSAT and I improved my score from a 16high to a 173. I will graduate with a B.S in computational biology and a B.A in philosophy with an LSAC GPA of 3.85 this fall.

My ideal outcome is transactional biglaw, preferably in a securities, private equity, or venture capital practice group. I am comfortable working in either the CA, NY, or TX markets, and I am a Texas resident. I have little to 0 work experience in my original STEM major as I decided I wanted to go to law school in the second semester of my freshman year of undergrad. I have basic work experience in finance (think internships at bulge bracket investment banks).

What schools do I have a good chance of getting into with those goals in mind.

TTTTorbust

New

Re: What are my chances? 3.85/173/n-URM/KJD

Post by TTTTorbust » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:56 pm

You have a realistic shot everywhere other than Yale and Stanford.

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: What are my chances? 3.85/173/n-URM/KJD

Post by crazywafflez » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:36 pm

Agreed with TTTTor. Apply broadly. Hit every T14 (I would take a shot at HYS, however, YS are always impossible to predict, especially Y). Should get great packages to the lower T14, which I would encourage you sincerely consider.
Best of luck.

Return to “What are my chances?”