Need Advice 3.96/170 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jacksong2020

New

Need Advice 3.96/170

Post by jacksong2020 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:14 pm

Three LSAT takes 169 -> 166 -> 170

Despite PTing a bit higher it seems like I might just not perform as well on test day and with the Flex going away, I'd imagine that testing fatigue might come back in, so I'm not terribly confident I could do much better.

Do you think it'd be wisest to apply this cycle and then maybe R&R if I'm not happy with results? I'm looking for T14 maybe with some scholarship money at the lower. Decent softs (Fulbright ETA, from Rural America, Gay)

Advice appreciated!

TTTTorbust

New

Re: Need Advice 3.96/170

Post by TTTTorbust » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:00 pm

There's still time to work at the LSAT if you want to, but you'll certainly get some nice offers if you don't. Y/S probably aren't on the table if you don't, could be if you do. When you say you're PTing a bit higher, do you mean like 172 or upper 170s? If the former, you can certainly improve.

crazywafflez

Silver

Post by crazywafflez » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:43 pm

jacksong2020 wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:14 pm

Despite PTing a bit higher it seems like I might just not perform as well on test day and with the Flex going away, I'd imagine that testing fatigue might come back in, so I'm not terribly confident I could do much better.

Do you think it'd be wisest to apply this cycle and then maybe R&R if I'm not happy with results? I'm looking for T14 maybe with some scholarship money at the lower. Decent softs (Fulbright ETA, from Rural America, Gay)

Advice appreciated!
You've got such a high gpa that it wouldn't hurt to apply to Y or S (however, I really don't think you'll get in, but I understand everyone wants their chance). Apply broadly, and I'd add one T20 in the region you want to practice (i.e. if you want the South Vandy, SoCal UCLA, etc) as you'll get a great package - however, I think you'll still get a good package from the lower T14 as well and you are certainly competitive from CCN on down.
It doesn't hurt to R&R later if this coming cycle doesn't work out for you.

jacksong2020

New

Post by jacksong2020 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:19 pm

TTTTorbust wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:00 pm
There's still time to work at the LSAT if you want to, but you'll certainly get some nice offers if you don't. Y/S probably aren't on the table if you don't, could be if you do. When you say you're PTing a bit higher, do you mean like 172 or upper 170s? If the former, you can certainly improve.
My last three PTs were 168, 173, and 180, respectively. And my overall PT average for the past 4 months was a 171.6 So maybe that's not enough consistency to justify a retake? I had 5+ minutes left on every section on test day so I didn't feel like I was rushed.

jacksong2020

New

Post by jacksong2020 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:23 pm

crazywafflez wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:43 pm
jacksong2020 wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:14 pm

Advice appreciated!
You've got such a high gpa that it wouldn't hurt to apply to Y or S (however, I really don't think you'll get in, but I understand everyone wants their chance). Apply broadly, and I'd add one T20 in the region you want to practice (i.e. if you want the South Vandy, SoCal UCLA, etc) as you'll get a great package - however, I think you'll still get a good package from the lower T14 as well and you are certainly competitive from CCN on down.
It doesn't hurt to R&R later if this coming cycle doesn't work out for you.
Cool, this is good to hear. I feel like any other cycle I would've been happy with a 170 but this cycle it's more like nervous laughter 170. This made me much more confident to apply and only retake if I'm not satisfied with the results. Thanks much!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”