165/4.0/International/URM - Is my list realistic? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
newyorkcitygirl444

New

165/4.0/International/URM - Is my list realistic?

Post by newyorkcitygirl444 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:48 pm

Looking to apply to law school in the U.S. as I am in the process of moving there in the next 1.5 years. Stats are as above (LSAT score based on practice tests w/ no prep, sure I can squeeze a 170 when I actually study).

I am looking at

Schools like Columbia, NYU, Fordham, Georgetown, GW, Boston Univ., Howard, UPenn, maybe YLS.

One thing that may hurt is my lack of extracurriculars but that's explainable because I have had to work full time alongside studying to support myself during undergrad. I am looking to patch up my experience with some volunteering and campus work as a research assistant in my final year of undergrad.

Are my target schools realistic?

I will be a green card holder by the time my application season rolls around, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: 165/4.0/International/URM - Is my list realistic?

Post by crazywafflez » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:42 pm

Are you biglaw or bust? What're your goals? What kind of URM are you?
GW, BU, Fordham, Howard, and Gtown are all certainly realistic. It is much harder for me to tell the others. I do think you'll snag a couple more T14 or T20 spots though. If Northeast is where you're aiming I think you ought to add BC as well; I think in Boston, BC/BU are interchangeable.

cavalier1138

Re: 165/4.0/International/URM - Is my list realistic?

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue May 04, 2021 5:37 am

In addition to the questions wafflez already asked, how did you pick these schools?

Return to “What are my chances?”