Texas Schools - Veteran Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
TXveteran

New

Texas Schools - Veteran

Post by TXveteran » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:37 pm

Hello everybody,

-Currently a 27 year old undergraduate at a Texas public university majoring in Accounting.
-I will be graduating December 2021.
-3.77 GPA
-I just withdrew from taking the LSAT-Flex in April, highest score I had gotten on the prep-tests was a 152.
Obviously not happy with that and hope to take it in August 2021.
-I will have 2 internships done, one with the federal government, one with a reputable bank by the time I
apply this Fall for Fall 2022.
-Military veteran - 5 years (Honorable Discharge)
-C&F - I will have to explain two arrests involving alcohol (never charged) from 3 years ago, sober since then
for 3 years.

What are my chances for Texas A&M, Texas, Houston, or SMU?
And for giggles.... Georgetown?

I appreciate the input y'all

cavalier1138

Re: Texas Schools - Veteran

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:58 am

Without an actual LSAT score, no one can accurately assess your chances. The LSAT is literally 50% (arguably more) of your application. So right now, the answer is that you could have guaranteed admission with full scholarships to all those schools, or you could strike out everywhere except A&M at sticker.

But what are your career goals? I can tell you want to practice in Texas, but the job opportunities from the schools you listed vary quite a bit.

TXveteran

New

Post by TXveteran » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:42 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:58 am
Without an actual LSAT score, no one can accurately assess your chances. The LSAT is literally 50% (arguably more) of your application. So right now, the answer is that you could have guaranteed admission with full scholarships to all those schools, or you could strike out everywhere except A&M at sticker.

But what are your career goals? I can tell you want to practice in Texas, but the job opportunities from the schools you listed vary quite a bit.
Hi cavalier1138,

Thank you for your reply. I will have to post in this thread again once I actually sit for the LSAT. My career goal is to work for the Federal Government in one of the regulatory agencies. I had an internship with a specific agency who like accountants and attorneys. I don't quite feel comfortable saying the agency but it would involve business law.
I want a Texas public school because I have the Hazlewood Act benefit which requires that it be used at a Texas public school.
I'll go back to studying the LSAT, thanks for your help.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:42 am

TXveteran wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:42 pm
My career goal is to work for the Federal Government in one of the regulatory agencies.
Assuming that agency only has offices in DC, then I think you need to go all-in on UT. I understand that you need to stay in Texas for school, but only one Texas school really gives its students a fair shot at competitive federal agencies.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”