3.7x/Military Officer/HYS Chance Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Thegreenlight23

New

3.7x/Military Officer/HYS Chance

Post by Thegreenlight23 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:28 pm

Hey everyone! I'm getting out of the military soon and was wondering if my goals are realistic and what I can do to better my odds. Here are my stats:

HYPS Undergrad with a 3.75-3.8 GPA
Military Officer in a combat arms MOS
Deployed to foreign countries
Not URM but have a unique ethnic background and parents were refugees
I started LSAT prep last month and am currently hitting low 170s on PTs. I'm hoping for a 175+ when I take the official one.
(Intentionally being a little vague with my description)

Am I competitive for Harvard, Yale, or Stanford? Is there a threshold I should hit on the LSAT to compensate for my sub-25th percentile GPA? Thank you for your help!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: 3.7x/Military Officer/HYS Chance

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:17 pm

Without an actual LSAT score, your chances for admission to Harvard, Yale, or Stanford is zero.

If I may inquire, why are you focused just on these three law schools ?

What is your career objective ?

Since one's LSAT score is the most important factor in law school admissions, lack of an actual score makes almost any proffered advice regarding law school admissions inappropriate.

Your post lacks meaningful parameters as almost being an URM & almost having an LSAT score are not adequate for law school admissions advice.

With respect to a threshold target LSAT score, you will probably need a 174 or higher for your three targeted schools.

An LSAT score of 172 should result in multiple offers of admission from the remaining 11 law schools among the top 14.

An interesting issue is what is the minimum LSAT score that you will need in order to get a significant scholarship offer from a top 14 law school with a 3.77 undergraduate GPA ?

A 168 LSAT / 3.77 uGPA should yield scholarship money from Michigan, Georgetown, and Cornell because you would be above both medians (LSAT score & uGPA) at all 3 of these top 14 law schools.

Dcc617

Gold

Re: 3.7x/Military Officer/HYS Chance

Post by Dcc617 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:38 pm

Former army officer, 3.72 and 176, got into Harvard, wait listed at Yale and Stanford.

I got accepted pretty much everywhere else.

Are you YR/ GI bill?

Return to “What are my chances?”