Should I quit pre-law? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
thechosenwon

New

Should I quit pre-law?

Post by thechosenwon » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:20 am

Hello,
I am currently a third-year Asian computer science major at a fringe T-10 non-Ivy undergrad after spending my first year at a T-25 school. I became interested in law last year but my GPA was ruined before even entering college due to hardcore senioritis kicking in during my senior year of high school where I took a year's worth of college credits, getting like a low 3.6. I have since tried to pad it as much as possible but I don't think I'll be able to get it past a high 3.8 when I apply. I've also began preparing for the LSAT, started testing at around a 168 and was hoping to get into the high 170s. I have no real softs besides some part-time jobs and general membership in school clubs. My goal was T6 with the best case scenario being CCN or UPenn with named scholarships since I'm not trying to spend like 50 years in BigLaw trying to get myself out of debt.

I've seen a lot of posts about how the Flex is inflating LSAT scores like crazy and now a high score is devalued, which was my only plausible way of getting back into serious consideration. With that in mind, is it over for me? I don't mean to come off as a pessimist but if anyone who has recently applied can tell me honestly what my chances look like, I would genuinely appreciate it before I sink myself hundreds of dollars and hours into LSAT prep and application fees.

nixy

Gold

Re: Should I quit pre-law?

Post by nixy » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:22 am

I mean, a high 3.8 is an excellent GPA. I have no idea why you’d let that stop you from applying. It also depends on what you want to do in law - “not biglaw for 50 years to get out of debt” doesn’t mean much but you probably don’t have to go to the T6 to have an excellent outcome.

Return to “What are my chances?”