3.74, 175 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
oxfordadam

New

3.74, 175

Post by oxfordadam » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:50 pm

Triple-majored in econ, math, and philosophy. Grades took a hit during two semesters of undergrad when my dad got out of prison and my mom had a heart attack due to a progressively-worsening neurovascular disease. First generation college grad, low-income. Was a finalist for the Marshall Scholarship, College Dems President, founded a nonprofit that successfully overturned a racial gerrymander and was in the NYT, interned at a racial reconciliation institute, served on state Dems exec committee, FO for Biden during the general, Teach for America for two years. Currently studying for MPP at the University of Oxford and am doing well academically. Applying this cycle. Heart is really set on Harvard followed by Yale, but looking at the entire t14.

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: 3.74, 175

Post by crazywafflez » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:03 pm

Your softs are good but in line with good candidates to the T14. Many of your peers will be published authors, D1 athletes, journalists for highbrow newspapers, Oxbridge/ Ivy + grads, fulbrights, etc.
You've got a great LSAT score and a pretty good GPA. I think H is certainly a real possibility, no idea if Y is in play, I think it would be and it is worth applying to. I'd encourage you to apply to all the T14s. Personally, I'd rather go for free to Penn or Duke than pay sticker at CCN (not saying that'll be your result, but apply widely as it'll be nice to have multiple options). I think you'll have a good cycle, best of luck.

Return to “What are my chances?”