Super splitter URM - Where to apply? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
trog212

New

Super splitter URM - Where to apply?

Post by trog212 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:50 am

Hello,

Mexican American Female, graduated with a 2.66, did terrible due to my mothers poor health and having to care for her and getting a job to support her, also had two pregnancies during my studies, we are financially stable now, thankfully. I have experience working part time in an immigration law firm as a legal secretary, that may help?

The upswing on my GPA is very good, my graduate GPA was 4.0, but still the cumulative GPA is killing me, 2.66, it is what it is.

LSAT currently scoring between 169-173, median being a 172.

Obviously would like to go to a t14, but if thats not possible, stay in Texas and practice there.

What say you? T14 out of the question, just focus on the regionals in TX? UoH and SMU? I want big law by the way.

Thanks!

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: Super splitter URM - Where to apply?

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:39 pm

You need to get an actual LSAT score before making this decision because it's going to be hugely consequential here.

URM splitter outcomes are hard to predict and you shouldn't self-select out of the best schools if you want biglaw. Even T14 is not totally out of the question.

crazywafflez

Silver

Post by crazywafflez » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:52 pm

Get that 170 and a lot is still in play. Not having a 3.0 hurts you, especially for GPA conscious schools, but I think you'd do well to apply to every T14 from CCN on down and UT, Vandy, SMU, U of H, and possibly A&M.
I think it'll be a crapshoot but I wouldn't be surprised if you got a fullride to SMU, sticker at U of H, or any kind of combination. Apply widely, you're a wildcard but I think you'll have a couple good options and choices. Best of luck.

trog212

New

Post by trog212 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:32 pm

The Lsat Airbender wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:39 pm
You need to get an actual LSAT score before making this decision because it's going to be hugely consequential here.

URM splitter outcomes are hard to predict and you shouldn't self-select out of the best schools if you want biglaw. Even T14 is not totally out of the question.
Thanks for the response, great to hear that T14 isn't out of the question!!

trog212

New

Post by trog212 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:33 pm

crazywafflez wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:52 pm
Get that 170 and a lot is still in play. Not having a 3.0 hurts you, especially for GPA conscious schools, but I think you'd do well to apply to every T14 from CCN on down and UT, Vandy, SMU, U of H, and possibly A&M.
I think it'll be a crapshoot but I wouldn't be surprised if you got a fullride to SMU, sticker at U of H, or any kind of combination. Apply widely, you're a wildcard but I think you'll have a couple good options and choices. Best of luck.
Thank you for the reply! Great to hear, I will apply from CCN down, truthfully I thought they would be out of reach on account of the low GPA, but I will apply widely. Thanks again!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”