To Late to Apply to Another Safety School? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Onta1998

New

To Late to Apply to Another Safety School?

Post by Onta1998 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:06 pm

168 LSAT, 3.88 GPA, n-urm
I blanketed most of the t-20 with a few safety schools right after Thanksgiving--generic big law goals. Given the potential of a more competitive cycle, I am considering if I should apply to Fordham (they seem more generous scholarship wise for people with my stats compared to Boston university so far) but given the timing, I am wondering if it would be worth applying?

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: To Late to Apply to Another Safety School?

Post by crazywafflez » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:42 pm

I think it'll be fine. I'd email them and ask for a waiver though. I applied super late in the cycle (albeit, this was a few years ago now) and my T1 school still came through with a great package for me (as did a few others, but not all other, schools I had applied to). I think if they give you a waiver I would for sure do it, if you can spare the hundred bucks, or whatever the price is nowadays, sure, go for it.

cavalier1138

Re: To Late to Apply to Another Safety School?

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:49 am

Eliminate the words "safety school" from your vocabulary. There is no such thing in the context of law school admissions. There are schools that will get you a reasonable shot at your career goals with a reasonable debt load, and there are schools that won't. If you can't get into the former category, it does not make sense to go to the latter simply because you "have to go to law school this year."

If you want biglaw, you should be aiming for the T13. And if your current numbers don't get you to that position, then retake the LSAT until they do.

Return to “What are my chances?”