3.08/179, URM - any T14? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
globotwatcha

New

3.08/179, URM - any T14?

Post by globotwatcha » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:10 pm

Truly asking in an effort to get as much clarity as possible on this - I've looked around the internet and asked a few professors for insight into my odds at a T14 offer. Hard stats are 3.08 (LSAC) and 179; I'm confident in softs and diversity statement but mainly wondering whether my application stands a chance beyond these numbers. I plan on applying to schools during the next cycle.

From the T14, I'm curious about my odds at GU, NU, and UVA. As far as closer reaches go, I'm also really interested in Fordham but not sure if my numbers are toast there as well. If you have any advice, please please pass it along - even if its brutal

Fireworks2016

Bronze

Re: 3.08/179, URM - any T14?

Post by Fireworks2016 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:30 pm

Other people spend more time opining on admissions than I do, but I have to imagine you are a mortal lock at a school like Northwestern that is notoriously splitter-friendly. Law schools will be happy to take the slight GPA hit for that LSAT score with additional points for diversity.

AdieuCali

Bronze

Post by AdieuCali » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:45 pm

No one is going to be able to give you a prediction with any amount of certainty.

You're the super-est of super-splitters. LSAT >>>>>75 GPA<<<<<25 across the T14. Add in the URM status and you're talking about another layer of unpredictability. I wouldn't be surprised if you got into HYS and several full-rides. I also wouldn't be totally shocked if you got locked out of the T13.

The only advice I can give you is apply everywhere in the T13. Make sure you ask for fee waivers everywhere too based on your LSAT score/URM status.

This is going to be one of the toughest years for admissions. If you don't get any T13 offers (or none with any scholarship money), consider reapplying next year when there will be fewer deferrals and fewer applicants hiding out from the bad economy in law school.

252Dreamer

New

Post by 252Dreamer » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:02 am

FWIW, I am a URM and had a slightly slower GPA and *significantly* lower LSAT score than OP during my cycle some years back. Ended up with multiple acceptances and legitimate scholarship offers from T-25 schools + 2 or 3 T-14 waitlists. Focus on writing a strong personal statement (spend lots of time on revision,compelling storytelling, concision) apply broadly and I can almost guarantee you will be pleased with your results from your cycle. Best of luck

plurilingue

Bronze

Post by plurilingue » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:15 am

Good shot at splitter friendly schools like UVA, UPenn, NW. Some shot at Columbia/NYU.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”