3.7 GPA/173 LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jollyjames

New

3.7 GPA/173 LSAT

Post by jollyjames » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:06 pm

I have a 3.7 GPA at a Top 10 university (our GPAs are out of 4.0 not 4.3 although idk if that makes a difference), along with a 173 on the LSAT. I think my softs are pretty good- I'm an All-American collegiate mock trial attorney and founded+run a relatively successful startup. What are my chances for the T6, especially in this cycle?

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: 3.7 GPA/173 LSAT

Post by crazywafflez » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:05 am

I think you've got great stats. I think you'll probs get into the T6, and the T14 with great packages. I personally would take $$$ at Duke or Cornell instead of $ or Sticker at NYU, etc.
I think you'll get some great options. Your softs are decent- you'll find though that a number of folks going to T14-20 schools have comparable softs (not all, but a sizeable chunk are published authors, have run companies, speak multiple languages, D1 athletes, Fulbright kids, etc.). You've got good chances though at the T6 I'd say, would just urge you take take the better scholarship if your goals are generic biglaw- even with other goals, the difference between Duke, UVA, Cornell, Penn and NYU are negligible (maybe I'm laying it on a bit thick, but seriously, your career will be substantially the same from what I've seen/heard- maybe others can chime in that are more knowledgeable). If I were looking at a full ride to Gtown or NW or something vs. HYS, I think it'd be a tougher call. But your calculus may be different- either way, you'll have a good cycle. Best of luck.

Return to “What are my chances?”