CGPA 4.11, LSAT 160 Plan for HYS? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
kingzjq

New

CGPA 4.11, LSAT 160 Plan for HYS?

Post by kingzjq » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:57 am

Hi, I completed my degree in Canada and my UGPA is 4.11. My current LSAT is 160, which is very weak.
I aim to only apply to HYS this cycle or the next cycle, otherwise, I will stay in Canada. I will retake the LSAT next January.
What is your suggestion if I want to get into HYS? Harvard might be the easiest one of the three, but I do need to improve my LSAT score.
Any suggestions on what I should do? Should I apply to this cycle or the next cycle? What LSAT score do I at least need to reach given my UGPA?
Thank you all for your advice!

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: CGPA 4.11, LSAT 160 Plan for HYS?

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:17 am

Outside chance if you're an URM, otherwise no, that LSAT probably takes you out of the running. 170 or so is where you'll start to have a real shot.

Why do you want to go to law school? It's hard to think of a career where any of H, Y or S would be preferable to UToronto but, say, UChicago wouldn't be.

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: CGPA 4.11, LSAT 160 Plan for HYS?

Post by crazywafflez » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:32 pm

Agreed with LSATBender. U Chi doesn't have too many things it can't do that H can... However, you are unlikely to get into any T14 with your current numbers unless you are a URM or Olympian. I'd stick with your Canadian options, U of T is a fine school. Best of luck.

Return to “What are my chances?”