167 / 2:1 (UK) Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
onhisway9201

New

167 / 2:1 (UK)

Post by onhisway9201 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:54 pm

American from a great British uni (not Oxbridge), with a 2:1 and an 'Above Average' CAS Evaluation

Hoping for thoughts/advice on T14 chances from anyone who attended school in the UK. Very much appreciate it!

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: 167 / 2:1 (UK)

Post by crazywafflez » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:54 pm

Your lsat score is going to dictate most of where you get into. I'm a UK American grad as well.
I think you'll get into the T14- mostly Duke, NU, Cornell, and G'town- I'd apply to some T20s as well and see what packages you get. Your cycle will be random- I had a very weird cycle myself. Apply broadly, I do think you'll snag an acceptance to the T14- make sure to determine if that debt level is okay for you. Personally, I'd rather go to Vandy or UT for free than pay sticker at NYU. But you'll have to evaluate your debt level comfortability and career goals/ geographic preferences.
Best of luck.

Law2019

New

Post by Law2019 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:18 pm

crazywafflez wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:54 pm
Your lsat score is going to dictate most of where you get into. I'm a UK American grad as well.
I think you'll get into the T14- mostly Duke, NU, Cornell, and G'town- I'd apply to some T20s as well and see what packages you get. Your cycle will be random- I had a very weird cycle myself. Apply broadly, I do think you'll snag an acceptance to the T14- make sure to determine if that debt level is okay for you. Personally, I'd rather go to Vandy or UT for free than pay sticker at NYU. But you'll have to evaluate your debt level comfortability and career goals/ geographic preferences.
Best of luck.
This does not sound like good advice. I know nothing about foreign admissions. But I do know that Georgetown’s 50th percentile LSAT score is a 168. You are below that. I wouldn’t count on getting into any T14 or a free ride at Vandy or Texas.

crazywafflez

Silver

Post by crazywafflez » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:43 am

Ah, I didn't know that G'town's LSAT median was 168 now. Things are harder now, sorry y'all. If 168 is the median, I still think you'll have a strong shot at admittance, but no scholarship (remember, you have no GPA to help you out). I think you'd still get something from the T20 (and possibly some $), and better offers from T1 schools.
I had a lower lsat score than you and an above average from a golden triangle uni- I got sticker into the T20 and pretty sizeable scholarships in the T1, including full rides in the lower T1.
Also, this isn't advice, merely predictions. I'd stick your stats into mylsn- do a broad range on the GPA, and see what comes up.
If you want a better shot at the T14 and scholarship money you'll need to retake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”