Chance Me: 3.6/172 URM (Black and Puerto Rican) Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
YourChiefToBe

New

Chance Me: 3.6/172 URM (Black and Puerto Rican)

Post by YourChiefToBe » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:47 pm

Undergrad: T10 Ivy
LSAC GPA: 3.6
LSAT: 172

Softs:
First-gen, Black and Puerto Rican
2 years of work experience in FAANG (no, I am not @simbadrip, though it's kinda cool to have a "twin")
4 LORs, 2 of which are from professors (both of which are strong and fit tightly with my narrative)
Average extracurriculars (think student gov/political campaign/nonprofit work)

I don't have a dream school, per se, but UPenn comes close. The more I learn about the school, the more I really love it. Harvard would also be amazing, followed by Stanford. My GPA is on the lower end, for which there is a very, very strong upward trend, but it may not be enough to give me a decent shot at some T6 schools, especially this cycle.

Thoughts?

ksm6969

Bronze

Re: Chance Me: 3.6/172 URM (Black and Puerto Rican)

Post by ksm6969 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:44 pm

YourChiefToBe wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:47 pm
LSAC GPA: 3.6
LSAT: 172

Softs:
First-gen, Black and Puerto Rican
2 years of work experience in FAANG (no, I am not @simbadrip, though it's kinda cool to have a "twin")
4 LORs, 2 of which are from professors (both of which are strong and fit tightly with my narrative)
Average extracurriculars (think student gov/political campaign/nonprofit work)

I don't have a dream school, per se, but UPenn comes close. The more I learn about the school, the more I really love it. Harvard would also be amazing, followed by Stanford. My GPA is on the lower end, for which there is a very, very strong upward trend, but it may not be enough to give me a decent shot at some T6 schools, especially this cycle.

Thoughts?
So based on your numbers alone, you are probably in the top ~40-70 or so Black applicants (and thats being conservative). Add up how many black applicants are accepted at each school, and see where you would fall for as decent an estimate as you can get. Given the strong UG and rec letters (which matter at the margins), I'd say you have a strong shot at T6. Keep in mind URM applicants are tough to predict.

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:48 pm

YourChiefToBe wrote:
lol Cornell and Brown btfo

YourChiefToBe

New

Post by YourChiefToBe » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:05 pm

The Lsat Airbender wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:48 pm
YourChiefToBe wrote:
lol Cornell and Brown btfo
Haha, I have no clue what btfo stands for, but I attended HYPSM.
Edit: just looked up that term - too funny!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”