Elle Woods Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
slaythedragon5678

New

Elle Woods

Post by slaythedragon5678 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:03 pm

What are my chances of getting into Harvard Law?

Undergrad: Classics and Anthropology from University of Florida
GPA: 3.7
LSAT: 175
Work Experience:
1+ internship with a Family Law firm
6 months as an operations assistant in construction
Softs:
Studied international business and Italian in Rome for 2 months
Published author (fiction)
Latina & fluent in Spanish

My real concern is my transcript. It's an absolute mess. I have a ton of credits from AP classes in high school and a 4.0 my first semester freshman year, but then it goes down hill for the second semester of freshman year and for sophomore year, although my junior and senior years I have straight A's again. I got an F in microeconomics my second semester of my freshman year, I got get and B's for the rest of my classes that semester, and then I withdrew (W) from all my classes in the fall of my sophomore year and started working full time until starting classes again in fall of my junior year. I would rather not discuss in an addendum about how an incident in my micro class lead to me failing and how I didn't process the trauma until I was back on campus next fall, making me take my sophomore year off for my health and sanity. But I would if it is what could make a difference in admissions accepting me, because I truly believe that I am hardworking and smart enough to succeed at Harvard.

Should apply to Harvard? Realistically, what odds would I have getting in? Should I write the addendum?

cavalier1138

Re: Elle Woods

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:39 pm

Elle Woods was white, so you already have a leg up on her.

Your transcript is far less important than your GPA, which is still in an acceptable range for Harvard. Your LSAT is obviously strong. If you are a URM--I think the prevailing wisdom is that Mexican and Puerto Rican applicants qualify--then you're almost a guaranteed admit.

The better question to ask yourself is "Why am I focusing solely on Harvard?"

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:47 pm

I would write the addendum. You don't want to leave adcomms to wonder if you got caught cheating on the final or something. In fact many schools will require an addendum to explain why you took so much time off from school.

I understand these sorts of things can be hard to write about, but a good grade addendum is very short and clinical. You don't need to go in-depth.

Libya

New

Post by Libya » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:19 pm

I think you have very good odds. PM me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”