171/2.9 splitter chances Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Arbitrary+Capricious

New

171/2.9 splitter chances

Post by Arbitrary+Capricious » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:08 pm

Planning on submitting when applications open in the fall. Stats are 171/2.9 with a sharp upward trend, average softs outside of work, objectively good LORs, 4 years of capitol hill WE. Went to undergrad at one of the schools in the T-14. n-URM. Do I have a shot at splitter-friendly T-14s like GULC/UVA/NU/Michigan? Planning on doing ED to one of those. How about T-25s without a hard 3.0 GPA floor like UT, WUSTL, and GW? Thanks in advance for everyone's advice.

decimalsanddollars

Bronze

Re: 171/2.9 splitter chances

Post by decimalsanddollars » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:37 pm

Don't do binding early decision anywhere. As a splitter, you have to maximize possible options by applying kinda everywhere. You're likely to get scholarships at a few very good schools and get rejected or waitlisted from some similarly ranked schools. I'd blanket the T20, maybe below Chicago. You have "a shot" at the schools you listed, although there's no way of knowing how good or remote of a shot until you apply.

grandedestroyer

New

Post by grandedestroyer » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:14 pm

OP if you could update when you can, give me hope for next cycle!

Almost Aristotle

New

Post by Almost Aristotle » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:21 pm

ED admission would occur earlier in the cycle, when you don't have any information about possible financial aid. So it would help to have some idea whether a T-14 admission without financial aid would even be acceptable at all. If it would be, then you could do a few reasonable things to maximize your chances of admission, or just rely on the old ED to Virginia. And that's a great option for some people.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”