apply past the deadline Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
sayamk

New

apply past the deadline

Post by sayamk » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:03 am

Hi everyone.
I'm an operating room Registered Nurse.
33 years old, female, 1st generation immigrant, 1st generation college graduate here.
I took about 10 years to get a bachelor's degree and have gone through a divorce.
I also speak 3 languages

I was planning to apply law schools back in September but my dad got sick (brain cancer). His passing really pushed back my lsat date and so I'm ready to apply now (i now its march).
I realllllly want to go to t14 and contacted them recently. Few agreed to take in my application even past the deadline. However I've been advice by friends and former law graduates to try next year. She said unless my application is super strong and shinny, there'll be 0% to be admitted. should I apply next year she said?

I feel like my background is quite unique and being a registered nurse could earn a diversity entrance.
what do you think? please be kind on your comments. thank you

cavalier1138

Re: apply past the deadline

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:27 am

It's true that your background could give you a bit of a boost in the admissions process, but your numbers will have more of an impact on whether a late application would even potentially be worth it.

Unless your LSAT/GPA are absolutely stellar, your friends are probably right. And even in that case, I'd probably wait, because you're more likely to get decent scholarship offers by applying during the normal cycle.

And because your background kind of begs the question: Why do you want to go to law school?

Return to “What are my chances?”