T6 Chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
tinn

New

T6 Chances?

Post by tinn » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:48 pm

-KJD
-LSAT 172 (2nd take)
-LSAC GPA 3.96 (T30 LAC, English major)
-Strong recommendation letters
-Moderate softs: research, thesis, writing center mentor, journalist intern
Would love to know my chances for T6 schools. Thank you!

LBJ's Hair

Silver

Re: T6 Chances?

Post by LBJ's Hair » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:22 pm

Should get substantial aid/potentially full ride at multiple HCCNs, decent shot at Y/S

tinn

New

Post by tinn » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:02 am

LBJ's Hair wrote:Should get substantial aid/potentially full ride at multiple HCCNs, decent shot at Y/S
Thank you so much! That's great to hear. But still a little concerned as my LSAT is now one point below Y/H medians. Not sure if I should retake. Any suggestions?

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:48 am

tinn wrote:
LBJ's Hair wrote:Should get substantial aid/potentially full ride at multiple HCCNs, decent shot at Y/S
Thank you so much! That's great to hear. But still a little concerned as my LSAT is now one point below Y/H medians. Not sure if I should retake. Any suggestions?
Generally I would not recommend retaking given your 3.96/172. Given your K-JD status and "moderate softs," you probably aren't getting into Y/S anyway. Retaking may improve your odds at Harvard, but unless you'd qualify for substantial need-based aid at H, the best play for you is probably to go to another T13 with substantial merit aid.

What do your practice test scores look like? If you're routinely PTing at 175+, may be worth the effort of retaking, but if you're PTing around 172, I wouldn't bother.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”