Chance Me: UT AUSTIN Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
at213637

New

Chance Me: UT AUSTIN

Post by at213637 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi all. So UT Austin is my top choice by far, but I'm worried about my chances of getting in.

I have a 162 on file and was planning on re-taking in January (which I really don't want to, and also have been told that this is really late in the app cycle as I would then apply in February). I can't re-take it anytime before then because I will be abroad and the only time it's offered abroad is in January (I'll miss the October one).

My GPA is at their median and I have really strong softs. OOS and not an URM but I went to a Texas undergrad and am a minority (just not URM).

What are my chances of admission with these stats right now, and am I basically going to get no $ even if I am admitted?

I was PTing around 167-169 before I took the Sep LSAT, which I canceled because it was a disaster. I think I can probably get around that score range in January. Should I re-take and apply in Feb or should I apply now and tell them I'm re-taking it? Any advice would be MUCH appreciated!!

cavalier1138

Re: Chance Me: UT AUSTIN

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:18 pm

You should retake. Worst comes to worst, you don't get in this cycle and reapply next year with a better score. But your chances of admission (much less admission with a decent scholarship) with a median GPA and a below-median LSAT are low.

Return to “What are my chances?”