Chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lawguy999

New

Chances?

Post by lawguy999 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:26 pm

Preparing to take the September LSAT, and am yet to complete a PT. I have a 3.7, two majors and two minors, from a somewhat decent public school. Moderate extracurricular activities and a pretty compelling personal statement. Obviously without an LSAT score it is quite broad, but I wanted to see what opportunities may be plausible. I'm studying 8-10 hours/day for the rest of the summer, and so I hope to do well. For T14, what scores might qualify me for likely admission, or decent chance, and what scores could possibly get me into HYS CCN? I recognize the tough and improbable task that might be, but I am trying to get an idea of some kind of relative numbers. What would a score in the high 160's, low 170's and high 170's, respectively, give me, potentially? My apologies for the vague question, but trying to get a good idea because I have to consider my financial and living situations, among other things.

mwells_56

New

Re: Chances?

Post by mwells_56 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:04 am

lawguy999 wrote:Preparing to take the September LSAT, and am yet to complete a PT. I have a 3.7, two majors and two minors, from a somewhat decent public school. Moderate extracurricular activities and a pretty compelling personal statement. Obviously without an LSAT score it is quite broad, but I wanted to see what opportunities may be plausible. I'm studying 8-10 hours/day for the rest of the summer, and so I hope to do well. For T14, what scores might qualify me for likely admission, or decent chance, and what scores could possibly get me into HYS CCN? I recognize the tough and improbable task that might be, but I am trying to get an idea of some kind of relative numbers. What would a score in the high 160's, low 170's and high 170's, respectively, give me, potentially? My apologies for the vague question, but trying to get a good idea because I have to consider my financial and living situations, among other things.
FWIW I applied with a 3.7x and a 168. Snagged GULC, WashU, and Fordham, all with solid scholarships. Waitlisted/rejected everywhere else.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:18 am

Score in the high 170s opens up pretty much every T13 from Harvard on down, likely with good scholarship offers. Score in the low 170s probably keeps you out of Harvard and lowers your scholarship offers. Score in the high 160s opens up most of the lower T13.

But bear in mind that this is entirely school-dependent. There might be no real difference between a 172 and 173 in the lower T13, but at CCN, that single point could be worth a lot of money.

lawguy999

New

Post by lawguy999 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:23 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:18 am
Score in the high 170s opens up pretty much every T13 from Harvard on down, likely with good scholarship offers. Score in the low 170s probably keeps you out of Harvard and lowers your scholarship offers. Score in the high 160s opens up most of the lower T13.

But bear in mind that this is entirely school-dependent. There might be no real difference between a 172 and 173 in the lower T13, but at CCN, that single point could be worth a lot of money.
Well, I scored a 175, so hopefully that will help me for this cycle! Hoping for Harvard!

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Post by LSATWiz.com » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:47 pm

Congratulations. That's an excellent performance.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”