Albany LS, Taft LS Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
john1990

Silver

Albany LS, Taft LS

Post by john1990 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:07 pm

I know i am asking for help on a topic that is discouraged here, but i believe my circumstances are unique.

Background
I have four previous law schools (Brooklyn, Brooklyn, Thomas Jefferson, California Western). The second stay at Brooklyn I did not attend at all, or even go to brooklyn. But, they have insisted that it counts as a previous law school attendance

Now
I have completed 9 credits in an online MBA program with a 4.0 gpa. I have 21 credits left.

Goals
I would like to go solo as a disability benefits attorney. I am on disability myself and i would like to help others in similar situations. edit- i have a passion for disability law and i have helped a friend receive 3 years of disability back payments and increased their benefits for the future

What are My Chances?
I have a 152LSAT and a 3.3 GPA. Will my success in my MBA program help me get approved? I know i was getting rejected due to the number of previous law schools i have attended. Will my consistency and commitment in my current program show them that i am now dependable? I spoke to Taft Law School and they sounded very positive, but then balked when i told them i am currently in a mba program and would like to start once i am done with my mba. They advised me to contact them once i completed the program.
Last edited by john1990 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Re: Albany LS, Taft LS

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:18 pm

You're never going to get bored of making this thread, are you?

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:28 pm

If i can get into law school again then i will get tired of it. I am asking for input on the impact of completing an mba program with a high gpa on admissions. Also, taft law school was far more positive than i had anticipated and i did not get any advice here on taft law school. They sounded like they were going to accept me.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:31 pm

LOL

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:37 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:46 pm

I am aware of Taft's poor bar pass rates, but i believe that is due to the caliber of their students and not the quality of the instructors

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:47 pm

Isn't that basically the business plan for the University of American Samoa Law School?

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:50 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Isn't that basically the business plan for the University of American Samoa Law School?
I would gladly apply to the University of American Samoa Law School :lol:

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Gonna tag myself and my boy rpumpkin into this one. Both just here for the lolz.
rpupkin wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Tag
LOL

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:37 pm

I'm just going to post this monument to your trolling in every thread you make for the rest of time:
John1990 wrote:Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. The topic at hand is very serious and life changing for me. You see the government has kill lists and now they target american's. Unfortunately, my family was the target of a kill list after my mother correlated a conspiracy to serial murder. I have been subject to heavy surveillance for months now. My family (father, mother, brother, two sisters) has already disappeared and replaced with government agents who assume their everyday lives. Here is a picture of my brother and sister and their doubles http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

I was followed for days until i was kidnapped by a squad. I was questioned under threat of torture and immediate death. I eventually talked and provided valuable information relating to the conspiracy. Because of this i was released and given a year to live. Most are released and given just a week. My family disappeared in June because of crimes they committed in May. There was no official record.

I insist that i am not guilty. But, the squad believes i am the one who ordered the attack. I confessed to telling the leader that parts of the plan made sense, and they think that was code for them to act. It does not help that the attack was carried out in my name, as a retaliation for when i was raped. However, i insist that i told the leader not to attack anyone and i was promised that they would not attack. Nevertheless, there was an attack and a cover-up by the feds.

I would like to spread awareness of this event. I am devoting the rest of my life to spreading awareness of my situation and trying to run from the american government.

I would like to discuss the harsh reality of kill lists and the fact that they are known to target american's. Today, the most severe crime is an act of terrorism, a politically charged term. With this bias and these kill lists, how can justice be secured?

I have read the criminal law statutes and i know i am not guilty because i never agreed to do anything and never intended for anything to happen so i am innocent under the mens rea defense. However, they believe i am obviously guilty and i have no way to defend my case
Last edited by MKC on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:39 pm

Being able to complete an MBA program with a high gpa says a lot about your character and abilities. Idk about Taft in particular, but I'm sure law schools will look favorably on that. Your chances are pretty good for getting in.

Why just Taft, though?

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:40 pm

I do not see why people here think it is funny to harass the disabled. If it wasnt for my battle with mental illness i would likely already be a lawyer, or at least have passed the bar. I once had a 166lsat. Im just trying to rebuild my life

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:45 pm

john1990 wrote:I do not see why people here think it is funny to harass the disabled. If it wasnt for my battle with mental illness i would likely already be a lawyer, or at least have passed the bar. I once had a 166lsat. Im just trying to rebuild my life
Because I'm not convinced that you are mentally ill and no one should waste their time responding to your bad faith hypos.
Last edited by MKC on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:49 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
john1990 wrote:I do not see why people here think it is funny to harass the disabled. If it wasnt for my battle with mental illness i would likely already be a lawyer, or at least have passed the bar. I once had a 166lsat. Im just trying to rebuild my life
Because I'm not convinced that you are mentally ill and no one should waste their time responding to your bad faith hypos.
I can assure you that i am mentally ill and was suffering from extreme schizophrenia when i made the post you referenced. I am doing much better now, especially with paranoia and delusions, but i do still have symptoms

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:02 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Being able to complete an MBA program with a high gpa says a lot about your character and abilities. Idk about Taft in particular, but I'm sure law schools will look favorably on that. Your chances are pretty good for getting in.

Why just Taft, though?
Taft is very affordable and has a simple application process with no fee

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “What are my chances?”