What are my chances - 158/3.3 GPA? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
UVA2B

Gold

Re: What are my chances - 158/3.3 GPA?

Post by UVA2B » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:19 am

chicagoburger wrote:Up this. Also OP, given your number, I think you have 90% of getting into Indiana with small money. Mark my words.
Hallelujah, only gonna be $175k in debt for Maurer!

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:51 am

UVA2B wrote:Are ferrisjso and chicagoburger some weird elaborate double alt? It's starting to get a bit ridiculous.

I don't want to flat-out call your particular brand of "rationale" as suspect, but you give eerily similar bad advice in concert.
No, I'm my own person. What two people don't scream retake at the top of the lungs and you think we're the same person? If you really believe that, you're in a real bubble.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:52 am

Ferrisjso wrote:
UVA2B wrote:Are ferrisjso and chicagoburger some weird elaborate double alt? It's starting to get a bit ridiculous.

I don't want to flat-out call your particular brand of "rationale" as suspect, but you give eerily similar bad advice in concert.
No, I'm my own person. What two people don't scream retake at the top of the lungs and you think we're the same person? If you really believe that, you're in a real bubble.
You're right, I'm lonely in this bubble of sound fiscal responsibility.

GFox345

Bronze

Post by GFox345 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:36 am

BigZuck wrote:Don't plan on being top 15% anywhere, that's foolish. Even if you work your butt off you might just be one of those people who isn't all that good at law school. It happens to the best of us.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:05 am

chicagoburger wrote:Also OP, given your number, I think you have 90% of getting into Indiana with small money. Mark my words.
In what universe is this a good outcome?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:00 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
chicagoburger wrote:Also OP, given your number, I think you have 90% of getting into Indiana with small money. Mark my words.
The ferrisjo/chicagoburger universe ^TM

chicagoburger

Bronze

Post by chicagoburger » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:23 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
I didn't say it's good for OP. But that answers his question at least.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:55 pm

chicagoburger wrote:Up this. Also OP, given your number, I think you have 90% of getting into Indiana with small money. Mark my words.
What are you basing that on? OP is below both medians.

trebekismyhero

Silver

Post by trebekismyhero » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:54 pm

BigZuck wrote:
templehayden wrote:
BigZuck wrote:What do you want to do with a law degree? What does your preferred career trajectory look like?
Securities litigation, mainly white-collar defense, as that is what I do now and really enjoy. Work at a big law firm now in NY and I believe they would take me back to summer, also have solid connections in NJ/NY so that is why I am thinking Brooklyn, Seton Hall, or Rutgers for almost free would be prudent.
You think they'll hire you regardless of what school you go to and what grades you get?

What are the credentials of the younger associates (5 years or less) in that office? What schools did they go to/what grades did they get?
OP, these are the main questions. Additionally have they made any promises to you about coming back? I have friends that spent 2 years as paralegals at big law firms, went to T1 schools with really good grades and then didn't get offered by their old firms. If most of the associates at your firm are t14 grads, they probably aren't going to just take you from Brooklyn or Rutgers unless you're at the top of the class

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”