174, 3.88 with January application Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
kpadoreo

New

174, 3.88 with January application

Post by kpadoreo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:51 pm

I just got my LSAT score back and am happy to report a 174. What are my chances for Harvard specifically, and the T-6 in particular, considering the fact that my application will be relatively late? And for the schools in the lower top 10, do I have a shot at getting some money? I'm trying to decide whether to apply to Virginia. A good scholarship (combined with its low living costs) would make it quite attractive...

Gold

Re: 174, 3.88 with January application

Post by 20170322 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:53 pm

kpadoreo wrote:I just got my LSAT score back and am happy to report a 174. What are my chances for Harvard specifically, and the T-6 in particular, considering the fact that my application will be relatively late? And for the schools in the lower top 10, do I have a shot at getting some money? I'm trying to decide whether to apply to Virginia. A good scholarship (combined with its low living costs) would make it quite attractive...
Similar numbers, full ride at UVA.

kpadoreo

New

Post by kpadoreo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:59 pm

SweetTort wrote:
kpadoreo wrote:I just got my LSAT score back and am happy to report a 174. What are my chances for Harvard specifically, and the T-6 in particular, considering the fact that my application will be relatively late? And for the schools in the lower top 10, do I have a shot at getting some money? I'm trying to decide whether to apply to Virginia. A good scholarship (combined with its low living costs) would make it quite attractive...
Have you just sent out your application? Or did you send it out back in September when there was still lots of scholarship money?

Gold

Post by 20170322 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:15 pm

kpadoreo wrote:
SweetTort wrote:
Have you just sent out your application? Or did you send it out back in September when there was still lots of scholarship money?
September, but I hear most big scholarships come out in March so I'd imagine that you'd be a strong candidate. Def send an app and Why UVA.

italianlover

New

Post by italianlover » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:55 pm

I have the same LSAT and slightly higher GPA, and I'm applying this month. Fingers crossed the timing isn't too much against us

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kinch08

Bronze

Post by Kinch08 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Good luck.
Last edited by Kinch08 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

armc808

Bronze

Post by armc808 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:05 pm

Your numbers, imo, are solid for the T6. If you want to matriculate this fall, I'd go ahead and apply as soon as you can.

kpadoreo

New

Post by kpadoreo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:58 am

armc808 wrote:Your numbers, imo, are solid for the T6. If you want to matriculate this fall, I'd go ahead and apply as soon as you can.
Kinch08 wrote:
Identical except 3.87. Also applying this month. Good luck.
When do you guys expect to hear back? It won't be before March most likely right?

AJordan

Silver

Post by AJordan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:56 am

kpadoreo wrote:
SweetTort wrote:
It's a fallacy to think that there still won't be plenty of scholarship money for someone above both 75s for a few more months. If you were a February LSATer it may be a different story, but again, your numbers are so strong that someone(s) in T14 is(are) going to be willing to throw the bank at you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

italianlover

New

Post by italianlover » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:33 pm

AJordan wrote:
kpadoreo wrote:
SweetTort wrote:
It's a fallacy to think that there still won't be plenty of scholarship money for someone above both 75s for a few more months. If you were a February LSATer it may be a different story, but again, your numbers are so strong that someone(s) in T14 is(are) going to be willing to throw the bank at you.
What about Harvard (not money obviously, just admission)?

Kinch08

Bronze

Post by Kinch08 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:24 pm

kpadoreo wrote:
When do you guys expect to hear back? It won't be before March most likely right?
Yeah, I'm expecting to be one of the last ones to hear back. Harvard's website says that "late April" is the latest they'd respond, but that's probably for denials/waitlists; I think I heard from someone on TLS that March was the last round of JS2's last year.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”